well sad day ...... fell off bloody bike. :(

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jl-heating

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3852383655_15818350a4.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jl-heating/

boo whoo

more embarrased lol... next dilemma scrap it or repair it .. mmmmm

i think it was the banding on a fresh tarmac .. slow 30 mph front wheel tuck as you say . :(

Its a kwaki you deserve to fall off! I bet it was at the traffick lights "posing". ]:)

Seriously I hope your ok, I once came off my bike in the snow and landed under a bus, I saw the front axle come down on my face as the bus braked!

That was frightening.

I had a Moto Guzzi 750 Le mans back then, and a Honda 400/4.

I used to beach race with an old Triumph Tiger Cub, oh them where the days. ROTFWL

I think all motorbikes should be banned, i hate them, their bloody noisey and scare the sh*t out of me when the speed past at stupid speeds. scrap it and buy a car.

I'll go hide now before the bikers gang up on me

:x

I have to agree with Admin 2 here - bloody dangerous things.

Anyone seen the air ambulance program on BBC? More than half their calls are to bikers!

I like my little tin box.

I had a honda 250 and came off on a corner doing 80+ (dont know exact figure but thats what the cops said!) I flew 115' without the bike and ended up semi impaled on a dead tree in a field and the bike wrapped around a gatepost. 11 pints of blood and minus 3' of intestine and a week in intensive care I came out OK......

Still LOVE riding bikes and even bought one recently (Yam XJ600) but domestic authority not happy so it had to go :(

I think all motorbikes should be banned, i hate them, their bloody noisey and scare the sh*t out of me when the speed past at stupid speeds. scrap it and buy a car.I'll go hide now before the bikers gang up on me

:x
Ban caravans too they block the motorways in the holiday season when they crash.

;)

how can u miss us great big head light beaming away ... ?????? look once look twice look bike..

how can u miss us great big head light beaming away ... ?????? look once look twice look bike..
JL - it's got to be a 2 way thing.

I am a member of the IAM - I consider myself a good observant driver. I also note that most bikers drive well.

The problem are the idiots! I appreciate that it's only a small percentage who are idiots (and I'm not accusing anyone)! They overtake when it's not safe, weave in and out of stationary and slow moving traffic, think a solid white line doesn't apply to them. And wear dark coloured clothes. Where I live bikers come to have a play on the pretty winding country lanes.

In the last year I can think of a few 'near misses' with bikes. One was on my side of the road (going in opposite direction) if I hadn't put 2 wheels on the verge I'd have hit him. Another I was pulling out of a junction and a car was a safe distance away - biker decided to overtake car whilst I was pulling out - despite the car doing 30mph in a 30mph limit!

Make yourselves more visible and drive with more consideration. If you want to push your bike go to a track!

I'd say its 50/50. If I see a bike behind me I always move right over so they can overtake, even if they aren't in that much of a rush. Would rather they were in front of me than behind.

The problem happens when a bike is doing well over the limit over taking cars for fun. So even though your checking your mirrors all the time a bike driving dangerously can go from not being in your view at all, to being on your offside rear wheel in a matter of 5 seconds.

My missus' family are mad on bikes, I'd love to get one, but time/money/and love of my car and bones stops me.

Glad your ok, bike doesnt look too bad either

Sorry to hear that mate as said glad your not hurt ! ive had my fair share of bikes and a few spills as ya do yer its 50/50 i suppose ive gone silly speeds and had silly things happen ! seen it from a few angles riding bikes driving cars driving artics etc next week i will be flying past in concord ! think as time goes past things get faster and you get more accidents ! i did have a harley dynaglide 1450 and with the screaming eagles ( very loud ) was pretty safe ! loud pipes save lives ! i do drive my van and car most of time and only get out onece a wk on it but its a bit like dogs and cats some like dogs some like cats etc only thing is i do like making some flash harry in his sports car and dolly look silly ! trouble also is so does a million others like making people look silly the roads arnt a playground ! but there again could be me looking silly if the fed books me for speeding or the reaper comes knocking.

be safe be seen and keep your licence clean !

Regards

Kung.

Some pics of my harley davidson 1450 lowrider/suzuki gsxr 750 srad and my suzuki gsxr 1000 k7.

gsxr750srad.jpg

harley2.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear it dude - nice bike. Am in the throws of trading in my Thundercat for a ZX12R. Anyone who ****s us bikers off needs to ride one before they pass judgement. as well as riding fast, we are also more skilled than the 'simple' car driver.

lovellllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bike m8, great choice.... do we have any pics to drool over ?