Getting into transformer Lite-Tech SY1503A/W

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unifi2019

Reaction score
Hi, I believe the following transformer has blown as the under kitchen counter lights done work (2x lights) and have changed bulbs. However I cannot for the life of me work out how to get into this transformer, and once in to test, which would be the best one to replace with as I cannot find this exact model/type? Any advice please ? Thanks. 

These transformers are not meant to be repairable.  Just replace it with a new one. 

Did both lamps fail (go out) at the same time?  Often with these halogen lights it is the lamp holders that fail, so failing one at a time might indicate the lamp holders failed?

Time to replace the pair with a new set with LED lamps and a transformer suited to LED's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. Didn’t know it wasn’t possible to open up to check for sure it was the transformer but looks like it’s this as both bulbs went at the same time 👍. Thank you. Will look to perhaps replace with LED. Thank you. 

Latest posts