New here not sure if this is the right section

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave - m

Reaction score
I passed my city and guilds 2330 nvq 2 course 2 years ago, im going back this year for level 3 hopefully but college wants me to take a test before they allow me on the course and truthfully i have forgotten quite abit.

Does anyone know what sort of questions are on the test or even what people think i should revise on because the test is in 2days obviously i cant go through 6 months of work in 2 days so if anyone could help me out i would be very grateful

Have you still got your coursework there from your level 2?

somebody help
Well Dave-m.... I would like to be able to too.... :|

But I have been away from college courses for a while now, (other than my 2382 17th ed ,short course multi choice jobbie!) :(

Did they give you any idea if it is a written, or multi guess test,

or duration, or if its regs or electrical science theory etc...???

It may be a daft question.. but did they have an example (sample test) you could have looked at?

all I can say is don't panic and

best of luck Dave.

Guiness Drink

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks

no they didnt give me any idea

hopefully it will be multiple choice so i have a better chance. just doing as much revision as possible in 2 days but like i say im not sure what to revise and theres no way i can revise almost a years worth of work in 2 days :(

theres no way i can revise almost a years worth of work in 2 days :(
Don't be so daft. Cramming is the best way to pass exams. Everyone tells you it's not but I've done ok for myself using the method. Skim read everything and note down odd bits you find hard. You'll be amazed what you actually remember!

I skim read 6 lever arch files in 2 days and as many 150-200 pages of bound printed notes. You can't sit down and leasurly read through it but you have loads of time.

I am a professional crammer.

Drink coffee, and have a late night!

yeh i am revising but there is so so so so much literally a 1000 pages

each unit has about 20 chapters

just if someone could point me in the right direction of which chapters to revise like what basic knowledge do i need etc

someone else on this site must have been in the same position and needed to take a test to get into college for level 3

get yourself the test paper/ mock exams from the sponsors of this forum..

there brill

get yourself the test paper/ mock exams from the sponsors of this forum..there brill
I believe OP is talking about the college's own test.

We have a lot of Lecturers on here. Maybe one would be kind enough to help you?

My college test was half maths (Pythagoras theorem, trigonometry, transposition, percentages etc) and half electrical knowledge which I can't really remember I know there was a list of terminology which had options like 'never heard of', 'familiar' and 'very familiar' my memory's a bit vague hope this helps a bit, I'm sure you'll be able to blag your your way in, I wouldn't worry about it.

Tim

oooo thanks for that

not even looked at any of the mathetical things ill do them today

was it multiple choice ?