Holidays

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what do you normally do for work when on holiday? got a few people who will help out with any emergencies, but not many people willing to be called at 3am (they all work elsewhere fulltime).

if you take your mobile, most people ring, hear the international dialing tone and promptly hang up, so didnt give me much of a problem :)

if you take your mobile, most people ring, hear the international dialing tone and promptly hang up, so didnt give me much of a problem :)
And the strong possibility that they will never call again, even go as far as putting the word around that you are an international company/fraudster?

Who knows?

This is a good point Adndy that I was thinking about, If I do say a c/u change then go on holiday the follwing day and the customer has the rcd continually tripping. They will need it correcting but I'm not available. Would anyone on here pay another sparks bill if they had to attend a problem in such a circumstance? Whats the general procedure? I'm new to self employed by the way so not expreienced this before.

And the strong possibility that they will never call again, even go as far as putting the word around that you are an international company/fraudster?Who knows?
wasnt really a problem at the time most of my work was for on going customers or recommends, these days i get loads of calls due to increased advertising but i still would have no other option.