JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
  •  

Countdown To Christmas!

Fixing 10mm earth to masonry

Revved Up Sparky

Question

Revved Up Sparky

I am in the process of wiring up central heating systems in about 100 houses. I also have to upgrade/ install the MEBC's to the incoming services. Some of the houses I am working on right now have a covenient bell in the render at the back of the house so I am drilling out of the mains cupboard, clipping the earth (6mm round clips) under the bell before going back in about 7 metres away to bond onto the incoming water (the gas is next to the mains).

Clipping the earth is a bit fiddly and sometimes I cannot get the clips in. Do you think there is a better way of neatly fixing the earth here?... I've considered 20mm PVC conduit but that takes much longer than clipping it. The hole into the kitchen to get onto the incoming water is above the bell too which makes conduit awkward.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

5 answers to this question

Tower Tower do wall plugs for clips, saw them for the first time the other day.

Revved Up Sparky

Thank you very much guys.... Andy thanks for the link. I found it very useful.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Sharp intake of breath.......:o

Patches job Andy......

"Toe's Tread On Do Not Apaches"

{rearrange this familiar phrase or sayingBlushingROTFWL}

:coat:coat

Zeespark

What about these square clips that you can put a cable tie through to clip cables?

AndyGuiness Drink

Andy™
I am in the process of wiring up central heating systems in about 100 houses. I also have to upgrade/ install the MEBC's to the incoming services. Some of the houses I am working on right now have a covenient bell in the render at the back of the house so I am drilling out of the mains cupboard, clipping the earth (6mm round clips) under the bell before going back in about 7 metres away to bond onto the incoming water (the gas is next to the mains).

Clipping the earth is a bit fiddly and sometimes I cannot get the clips in. Do you think there is a better way of neatly fixing the earth here?... I've considered 20mm PVC conduit but that takes much longer than clipping it. The hole into the kitchen to get onto the incoming water is above the bell too which makes conduit awkward.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

this any good?

Archived