Fixing 10mm earth to masonry

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revved Up Sparky

Reaction score
I am in the process of wiring up central heating systems in about 100 houses. I also have to upgrade/ install the MEBC's to the incoming services. Some of the houses I am working on right now have a covenient bell in the render at the back of the house so I am drilling out of the mains cupboard, clipping the earth (6mm round clips) under the bell before going back in about 7 metres away to bond onto the incoming water (the gas is next to the mains).

Clipping the earth is a bit fiddly and sometimes I cannot get the clips in. Do you think there is a better way of neatly fixing the earth here?... I've considered 20mm PVC conduit but that takes much longer than clipping it. The hole into the kitchen to get onto the incoming water is above the bell too which makes conduit awkward.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

I am in the process of wiring up central heating systems in about 100 houses. I also have to upgrade/ install the MEBC's to the incoming services. Some of the houses I am working on right now have a covenient bell in the render at the back of the house so I am drilling out of the mains cupboard, clipping the earth (6mm round clips) under the bell before going back in about 7 metres away to bond onto the incoming water (the gas is next to the mains). Clipping the earth is a bit fiddly and sometimes I cannot get the clips in. Do you think there is a better way of neatly fixing the earth here?... I've considered 20mm PVC conduit but that takes much longer than clipping it. The hole into the kitchen to get onto the incoming water is above the bell too which makes conduit awkward.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
this any good?

Tower Tower do wall plugs for clips, saw them for the first time the other day.