What a Plonka !!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Three of us on a large rewire this week, my oppo drills all the holes for downlights in the ceiling below so I loop'em all together in the floor above, twin down to the switch, twin back to the board and 2nd twin to future cupboard lights. Bit of a struggle getting them round but, Hey , making a good start this morning today are we not ?

I thought so says my oppo but now I'm wondering why we are wiring everything in Brown/Brown twin !!!

Oooooooooooooooh NOooooooooooooooooooo!!!

If you're human then there is always a fair chance you will make a mistake !.... a few years ago I put an extra long 20mm masonry bit in my SDS drill and started drilling through a stone wall to W&I a socket on the other side. The drill was taking ages to get through put I kept pushing harder and harder. Eventually I stopped and went to look on the other side of the wall........ uh-oh.... I'd misjudged my measurements and drilled through the wall AND halfway through a fridge which had been standing against that wall.

If you're human then there is always a fair chance you will make a mistake !.... a few years ago I put an extra long 20mm masonry bit in my SDS drill and started drilling through a stone wall to W&I a socket on the other side. The drill was taking ages to get through put I kept pushing harder and harder. Eventually I stopped and went to look on the other side of the wall........ uh-oh.... I'd misjudged my measurements and drilled through the wall AND halfway through a fridge which had been standing against that wall.
Applaud SmileyROTFWL

Ha ! Ha ! Ha! ROTFWL

Did you then crawl inside the fridge in an attempt to cool your anger

Oh well if it's time to own up.

Monday putting in a shower circuit , took front off cu all cables disapeared into the cavity & customer wanted new shower circuit cable to run up external gable end of property & back into on-suite.

Out with the 20mm drill picked a spot well away from surrounding accessories, but close enough to cu where I planned to put a remote rcd & enclosure.....started drilling & bang closely followed by the plumber shouting from the loft

"THAT'LL BE THE F***ING LIGHT FUSE BLOWN THEN..............W***ER"

After digging out & repairing the drilled cable & owning up to customer what I had done Blushing, he told me "oh yes we had the fuse board moved a few years ago when the kitchen was extended & they joined the cables with boxes & hid them in the cavity" headbang

Three of us on a large rewire this week, my oppo drills all the holes for downlights in the ceiling below so I loop'em all together in the floor above, twin down to the switch, twin back to the board and 2nd twin to future cupboard lights. Bit of a struggle getting them round but, Hey , making a good start this morning today are we not ? I thought so says my oppo but now I'm wondering why we are wiring everything in Brown/Brown twin !!!

Oooooooooooooooh NOooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Always a good idea to mark on reel twin brown if its a 100mtr reel hopefully saves them mistakes. Changing subject cables shooting back up in price best to stock up.

Batty

Nice one M107 , Reminded me of drilling the ceiling in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Brum, no one told me that there are heating panels flush in the ceilings , behind the plaster, and also the walls , I believe. I thought it was hard going with SDS until a jet of very hot, very black water drenched me. Lucky for me the stat had closed the valve or the pressure would have been much greater.

Pipefitters tapped a thread in the hole and screwed a bolt in . Woops!!

Is this turning into 'confessions of an electrician'?

:^O :^O

Do we need the two Rev's at hand??

?:|

:coat :coat

My boys tell me they never make any mistakes, when out on business.

The Don accepts this and has never ever had any cause to complain, perhaps our clients are just as careful.

The Godfather

My worst one was when taking up some floor boards to move a cooker point. I had set my circular saw right to cut through but on the second cut it had slipped. Had not realised and went straight through two pipes. Had water coming out floor about a metre high. Worst part place had just been decorated. Made a heavy loss on that job.

Batty

OOoooH You mean like those films from the Sixties ... Window cleaner... driving instructor etc. ? I'm saying nothing .BlushingO)
No Deke,

I wasnt even thought of then, so i wouldnt even know what films you are talking about!