Part Pee'd off.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a thought . I'm wondering whether I'll be dumped out of ELECSA at the October assessment as I have'nt done the 17th edition as yet . With no work at all at the start of the year and the ECA asking for

My understanding was that you had until 2010 to upgrade from 16th to 17th

...cant you give them a ring as a general enquiry and find out that way

Evvo , how long ago did you sit the 16th Ed, cos there is a one day update course from 16th to 17th with a proviso that it was after a particular date....will find it out for you if it applies in your case....Also around my way they are offering 60% funding to small and medium size companies,,have you made any enquiries on that front ?

[Edit]

Found the date it is post 2001 16th Edition Qualifies you for 1 day 17th Edition Update course. [ approx

Two versions of C&G 17th (2382), if you passed 2381 (16th) or 2330L3 after 2004 (To brown regs) 15hrs study, 30 question 1hr m/c exam, if not 30hrs study, 2hr 60 question m/c exam.

The C&G have refused to certify candidates who should have done the long version but took the short...

Why do you need to do the course?

I did my 17th in January, did no course and only got the OSG and big red book in the post the morning of the exam.

Working with a sparks today who is with napit. He said he has got to do a

17th edition testing course whats that all about. He said it going to cost him

Working with a sparks today who is with napit. He said he has got to do a 17th edition testing course whats that all about. He said it going to cost him

I try to do the same exam each year, just before assesment, incase some other stupid ammendment is issued.

(Thats a lie)

Once qualified, I see no reason to resit a useless exam or pay for a useless course just so the certificate you had says 17 instead of 16.

The rules have not changed, you still have to do it safe, you still have to keep up with developments, its all money for old rope.Unfortunately we all have to pay.

Cheers A1 did 16th when it came out , about 1990- 1991 ?? . I'll make some enquiries.
Full version required as did mine in 1992 when it first came out which was 2380.

ESC card is done every 3 years to make sure that you are up to date with any recent updates in H & S.

Beofre anyone does enrol in the ECA or NAPIT courses make sure that they are C&G courses, otherwise they will not be recognised by anyone else except for ECA or NAPIT...

The best courses to do are C&G ones at local colleges.. these are nationally (if not internationally) recognised!!

So is that just the standard 17th edition course and not some new course they are asking for. He said it was a 17th edition testing course.Batty
Can only assume he means the C&G2391 or Napit's own version which will be to the 17th Ed standard now?

Would agree with NozSpark in that he should do the C&G version of whatever course is required.

Thats odd, Lostit, just had a look, JIB /ECS card is for 4 years ( 2008 - 2012) but the certificate they send is only for 2 years .
thought it might be upto 6 yrs too.

here's how. you get the ecs cert which last for 2. then just before its expired you apply for a jib card which they send you with that ecs on it which lasts for 4 so you get near 6.

edit to add: i just looked too and what i'm reading says 3yrs so its a max of 5 doing it my way it looks like

Tut tut tut. Did mine July last year - makes life so much easier...
About the same time i did mine went through necta now known as connaught.

Regards

Kung.