kerbside sockets

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikep

Gold Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While on holiday in turkey I spotted this double 16amp socket in the road fitted actually next to the gutter on the left, the sockets in the road (chequered part ) this was used every night by a candy floss seller to plug in his machine, it amazes me that it has not been runover by local delivery lorries as it is quite a busy street.

www.slippeddisc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/16a.jpg

Well probably about 6 years ago I also took a picture ( unable to find )outside the local Mosque of a cable twisted to the main lines of a street pylon down to a tree which had a ccu nailed to it, this had 2 wires which at night the street vendor would simply twist a ES fitting to these wires and switch on!! Nothing to stop it getting wet!! Fantastic

They do not beleive in any sort of connector but simply the old twist & tape method.

While on holiday in turkey I spotted this double 16amp socket in the road fitted actually next to the gutter on the left, the sockets in the road (chequered part ) this was used every night by a candy floss seller to plug in his machine, it amazes me that it has not been runover by local delivery lorries as it is quite a busy street.www.slippeddisc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/16a.jpg
Applaud SmileyApplaud Smiley:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O

luv it!!!!!

The only thing that would make it funnier is if some tourist was charging their mobile phone............ :D
Shut up!!!!!!!

you are blowing my pitch for Dragons den!!!!!!

Local hot-spot phone / laptop / Mp3 / Camera etc.. chargers....

just carry this nice subtle blue Commando socket in your handbag,

with a short adaptor lead to connect up ALL of your electronic devices!!!!!!!!

Blushing

do you reckon the Dragon's would buy it??????? ?:| ? :| :eek: :O

:pBlushing

:coat :coat:coat

Latest posts