passed NIC di assessment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kung

Reaction score
Hi all

With the work the way it is i decided to get onto a domestic installers scheme so booked on NICEIC for site visit and on thursday 27th passed ! had Mr Clive collett a very friendly and helpfull guy knows his regs etc wasnt half as bad as i thought it would be !

Anyone else on this scheme how long did it take after you passed for the membership pack to arrive through the post ?

Regards

Kung.

while i put in an extra socket at me mums had Ze of 6.2ohms ! phoned SSE and within an hr had a nice PME with Ze of 0.13ohm !

Some questions asked.

1) What would you do if the Ze was high ? told him about the 6.2 etc and got browny points !

2) Why do we do R1 + R2 test ?

3) What is the min IR values from bs7671 ?

4) Max Zs on 30ma RCD (p49-50) (table 41.5)

5) What are the zones in bathroom ?

6) Are you happy with your test results and why ? show me in regs where ?

7) If you had a TT rod and got on loop test 69ohms would you be happy with it ? if so why ? 200ohm or less anything above would be unstable !

8) Whats max Ze for TNCS/TNS/TT ? show me where in regs ?

9) on 30ma RCD test whats max opperating time on x1 ? within 200ms ! and on x5 ? should opperate within 40ms !

= for those of you in black and white the cue ball is just behind the blue ball !

with my KT61 doesnt have PFC function so have to calc = on PFC test had to do loop on PFC & PSSC and calc KA = PFC gave 0.16ohms so 243 / 0.16 = 1518.75 Amps / 1000 = 1.52 KA ! & PSSC gave 0.18ohms so 243v / 0.18 ohms = 1350 Amps / 1000 = 1.35 KA so PFC is 1.52 KA !

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulation's

Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

Thanks guys ! im a respected member on another forum and come over to look at your forum a few times ! yours is a much better and friendlier forum ! posted the same on there and got not 1 well done or congrats etc just people looking at the questions etc i put on for the info.

Regards

Kung

Will use this forum a lot more now !

Thanks.

9) on 30ma RCD test whats max opperating time on x1 ? thats 30ma test current within 200ms ! and on x5 ? equates to 150ma test current should opperate within 40ms !

= for those of you in black and white the cue ball is just behind the blue ball !
not quite....

BS4293 RCD's are 200ms at 1x

BSEN 61008 & 61009 are 300ms at 1x

all are 40ms at 5x

unless time delay type

Well done kungApplaud Smiley, its a bit nerve racking when your actually doin your assessment, then afterwards you start to think what was all the worry about.

Well done Kung mate, have one of these Guiness Drink

Easy isnt it & it'll be much the same next year matey....nervous before hand then the time flys by ...helps when you have a chatty assessor who puts you at ease.

Mr Clive Collett for your assessment...... your from my neck of the woods then Kung.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done mate, glad everything went well!

The fact that you are able to calculate the PFC would do great to your status in the final decision as to your degree of competance, most (not all) i said most DI's would not know where to start.

As for the other forums? what other forums? there is only one that is friendly!!

I may tell Mr Clive collett to retract his assesment, due to the fact that you go to inferior forums!

Only kidding well done and get out there with your head held HIGH.

Hi allWith the work the way it is i decided to get onto a domestic installers scheme so booked on NICEIC for site visit and on thursday 27th passed ! had Mr Clive collett a very friendly and helpfull guy knows his regs etc wasnt half as bad as i thought it would be !

Anyone else on this scheme how long did it take after you passed for the membership pack to arrive through the post ?

Regards

Kung.
Well done Kung!!!!

Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

I am with NIC & also have found them very helpfull & friendly, on all my assesmenst...

But to be perfectly honest I do think ALL of the scheme providers are actually wanting to help & assist their members (or potential members)...

and at the bottom line, As long as you are competent,

(and can prove it with a few basic questions any good electrician can understand),

I don't think anyone has anything to be worried about!

Once again....

well done & welcome to the world of Self Certifying Sparkydom!!!!

Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

Other forums??????!!! ?:| ? :|

phtt!!!! :eek:

ADMIN!!!! X(

Kung says there are "other forums".......:|Blushing

But we all know the world is flat... :D

father Christmas is real... :p

Unicorns live in the New Forrest... ; \

and this IS the ONLY forum!!!!!!B-)

headbang

while i put in an extra socket at me mums had Ze of 6.2ohms ! phoned SSE and within an hr had a nice PME with Ze of 0.13ohm !
That's a bit controversial around here.

Well done.

Ian.

Thanks for your replies all ! very appreciated and yes it was all a dream :z now im awake i reolise there is only this forum ! Blushing sorry at my age 41 i do get the odd momentary lapse of reason ! :coat onece again Thanks all.

Regards

Kung.

B-)

Almost forgot

Another question on rcd's

11) Why do we take a half current test ?

To check for over sensitive rcd's

then had quick chat about nuisance tripping eg

Many pieces of equipment have power supply interference filters which have protective conductor currents as part of there normal function ! an accumulation of these currents reffered to as earth leakage currents can cause unwanted tripping of an over sensitive rcd.

Regards

Kung

p.s. will try think of more but not much more than that.

Hello Kung,

Many Congratulations on passing you DI Assessment. :D

Have one of these Guiness Drink or these :Y

Oh b*lls, Have a shedfull of 'em. :D

And here's to seeing plenty more of you on here. Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink] :)

Hello Kung,Many Congratulations on passing you DI Assessment. :D

Have one of these Guiness Drink or these :Y

Oh b*lls, Have a shedfull of 'em. :D

And here's to seeing plenty more of you on here. Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink] :)
Are you not allowed to say balls??? ]:) :eek:

as Apache would say!:pBlushing:^O:x

:coat