2392 Help

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

appleby

Reaction score
Hello everyone as you can tell, i am new to the forum, looks good.

I am about to start my city and guilds 2392 and am worrying as i don't know what is involved. wnat questions, what we will be doing, formulas etc. I haven't been to college for 3 years since doing my electrical installation course and i have forgoten most of the formulas.

Can anyone explain in detail what is done and expected of me please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum appleby, it's good to have you on-board.

I can't help you with your questions as I am yet to do it too.

I do know that it is Fundamental Inspection & Testing on Single-Phase installations.

Sorry I can't of more help but I am sure one or more of our fine members will be along shortly to answer you.

I know that there are several members on here that have done the C&G 2392.

HTH.

hi Appleby and welcome to the forum.

2392 is straightforward whereby you get given an installation and you go through the testing step by step as per GN3 .And there is a gola test online.

2392 is different from 2391 where the installation has some deliberate mistakes that you are supposed to spot.

hope this helps

Is there no fault finding in the 2392, electrocuted?

Is there no fault finding in the 2392, electrocuted?
NO there is no fault finding in 2392 it is only a straightforward new installation testing and filling a full EIC .

I am almost certain that someone mentioned that they had to test a Motor Circuit on theirs.

Is that true?

Thank you for you replys.

I am trying to get everything ready that i will need for the course. Do i need a folder and them plastic page things? Do we get any paperwork from the college on this course?

Thank u.

I am almost certain that someone mentioned that they had to test a Motor Circuit on theirs.Is that true?
Not on mine, it's a test to confirm you can test a new install (no deliberate faults) and complete an EIC, and then 60 multi-guess gola as stated

Good morning all,

I did the 2392 in July, don't know about the theory results yet.

The practical involves

a couple of IR tests on a board with switchable faults, you may get a fault on one circuit or you may not.

Spotting 10 deliberate faults on a mock up board

A full inspection an report on a mock up installation

exam lasts 90 minutes

The theory is not multiple choice but written answers.

The first part is various questions and part 2 revolves around a given scenario i.e. A small factory unit with offices etc and you are given full details of the installation and then questioned about it.

The exam lasts 2 and a half hours. I did not find it easy at all.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

David

Good morning all,I did the 2392 in July, don't know about the theory results yet.

The practical involves

a couple of IR tests on a board with switchable faults, you may get a fault on one circuit or you may not.

Spotting 10 deliberate faults on a mock up board

A full inspection an report on a mock up installation

exam lasts 90 minutes

The theory is not multiple choice but written answers.

The first part is various questions and part 2 revolves around a given scenario i.e. A small factory unit with offices etc and you are given full details of the installation and then questioned about it.

The exam lasts 2 and a half hours. I did not find it easy at all.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

David
That Sounds like the 2391 to me David, Not the 2392, Mate.

Not on mine, it's a test to confirm you can test a new install (no deliberate faults) and complete an EIC, and then 60 multi-guess gola as stated
Thank you. Can you remember any of the questions that you had in your multi-guess?

Is there any paperwork that gets handed out? The reason i ask is when i my full 17th edition, we had no paperwork at all.

Thank you. Can you remember any of the questions that you had in your multi-guess?
Sorry I can't recall as it was last year, but there were quite a few practice papers I was given at the time, when I get a spare moment I'll see if I still have them

I am almost certain that someone mentioned that they had to test a Motor Circuit on theirs.Is that true?
The motor circuit is part of the 2391 practcal exam

(3 phase DOL starter) :|

the 2392 I did was basically a domestic consumer unit ring / radial / swa /lighting including two way switching.

Full test sequence C I P E R

Fill in a EIC with results

No faults but examiner looking for safe working practices, safe isolation etc

Guiness Drink

Yes you are all correct, it was 2391. Sorry about that, obviously not very good with numbers, hope I was not that bad in the exam.

Kind regards to all

David