Shed Fuse Box

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phew - that is quite a post :D

I am not a spark either but what I think we need to know is what is your current CU in the house like (any RCD's?) what form of electrical distribution is there in this shed of yours? (already a CU?) We also could do to know what type of earthing arrangement you have, how far the shed is from the house, the size of the T&E supplying it, the method that's run, what you intend to do in the shed etc

:)

My suggestion is you take a picture or two of what you have (house consumer unit and what's going on in the shed) post them (host on photobucket) and we'll see if we can help!

:D

We try to help but that's a whole big can of worms you want to open.........

Jeez Patch....

you are just too good....

I was going to ask a good bit of that, but you have just about made us all redundantApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

So Ill:coat and wait for the replies

.....I don't want to do anything to my home consumer unit so for now I'll leave the MCB and thus the shed supply at 16.

With this 16 amp supply I want to put a new consumer unit (not fuse box) which I already have and add an RCD and two other MCB's. One for the shed lights and the other for the sockets, I guess 16 as the supply is 16.
Why do you want to put a CU in the shed with only a 16amp supply from house?

I would suspect this is using just a 2.5mm cable from house to shed..

and TBH with such a small supply cable & MCB I wouldn

Thanks guys for your answers and happy Bank Holiday :) Guiness Drink

Last edited by a moderator:
BS60898.

If that is the supply to your shed running along under the guttering ,then suspended above the fence ,then there is work to do here before any work inside the shed can be considered.

it will also involve complying with Building Regulations and notification to your LABC

Building Regulations and notification to your LABC...

...can of worms, a ha! :)

Now I'm going to shoot myself in the other foot :lol:

Hi guys, sorry I removed my posts as the answers and advice were going good. I know it's messed the thread up, but I'll make up for that in time :)

As for the LABC thing, that's like getting WOPR to play naughts and crosses, I just can't handle it...

...anyway, I haven't left I've been busy! My mum left my cage door open and went out. So what's a girl to do with half an hour to spare?

A: Move the combi-boiler!

:D

LABC, I spent hour searching Maplin befor I figured out what it meant!!!!

6A LABC

IMHO posts should be locked from editing once someone has updated the thread its in.

Kinda wish it was all in one place as its spread out in that thread. Maybe in the FAQ ; -).
There is KME's sticky one

Maybe they need combining then closing. I will do a combined effort if people want? (Admin?)

Yes Please Patch.

I am upto my eyeballs again. :_|

BS90868 - NEVER delete or edit your main post to that extent!

:(

It has C***** the thread right up now - as you are aware.

Are you Male or Female? As Patch says, your Gender is showing as Male.

Why have I got a feeling that you ARE Male?

Typical - There is normally at least ONE that Quotes the WHOLE Post. :_|

Hi there.

I know I've lost in this forum now and that's more my loss than anyone elses. Sorry for any grief caused.

To answers some of the questions posed

Apache, you highlighted a phrase and not a word so you already know the answer

andyc, I don't believe you really thought I got it wrong

ianmacd, I don't think it's a good idea to lock posts from user editing just becuase of this thread. Some may want to edit or update links to keep the post current.

I admit I got p**** at a1spark post regarding Building Regulations and notification to your LABC.

Trust just droped to 0 so I removed pictures and words to protect myself.

Over reaction, safe than sorry ;)

As I said, I have had some good advice and it has helped.