Pub pricing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldPeeBee

Reaction score
Been asked to carry out a periodic inspection on a Liverpool city centre bar.

Owner has never had one carried out in his ownership (8 years) ; new landlord is pressuring him to get one done asap as insurance company is threatening reduction of fire cover.

Single storey bar - holds about 140 people; small kitchen; 2x 3phase boards and various sub boards; not much in the way of labelling of circuits; much evidence of alterations. Bar is open all day, every day except Sundays. I'm thinking that it will take two good days for four of us (two pairs) to carry out a proper inspection.

What would seem like a reasonable price considering Sunday wages?

No idea really, i'd imagine 3.5 to 4K.

I'll be interested to see what our more experienced colleagues have to say.

only you can answer this

what are you willing to work for ?

do you need the work?

what do your guys want to work Sunday for ?

how much do you need the remedials considering they will need to be done on a Sunday .

for me it would be considering the lack of work at the moment

Been asked to carry out a periodic inspection on a Liverpool city centre bar. Owner has never had one carried out in his ownership (8 years) ; new landlord is pressuring him to get one done asap as insurance company is threatening reduction of fire cover.

Single storey bar - holds about 140 people; small kitchen; 2x 3phase boards and various sub boards; not much in the way of labelling of circuits; much evidence of alterations. Bar is open all day, every day except Sundays. I'm thinking that it will take two good days for four of us (two pairs) to carry out a proper inspection.

Where abouts in the city centre as if it is open during the day and it gets busy then you may only have till opening time to do it so would mean a few visits to complete. Also cannot under stand why i has not been done as up until the licencing laws changed it was a requirement for the licence.

Been asked to carry out a periodic inspection on a Liverpool city centre bar. Owner has never had one carried out in his ownership (8 years) ; new landlord is pressuring him to get one done asap as insurance company is threatening reduction of fire cover.

I often do jobs for a local pub, he pays me what i want, i do him a good deal, and he gives us a few free Guiness Drink with a free tab list

and was your answer 'because they dont have a clue what they are doing'?
Yes!

How did you guess.

I thought they may have been pat testing the socket outletsROTFWL

Next time I go in I will have a look.

I installed the emergency lighting after the fire officer complained, so I still have a copy of the certs for that and the lighting circuits the emergencies where taken from, I would love to compare!

Latest posts