Laser Levels ...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny

Reaction score
Having done a load of downlights last week and faced with a 16 downlight job in a couple of weeks time i'm toying with the idea of investing in a laser level for laying out on the ceiling ... not that my trusty measuring stick doesnt do the job just fancy getting another gadget ..

So, anybody got a favourite ? I haven't used one before .. can they project on walls and ceilings and are they worth it .. ?

Problem with laser marks is they vanish when you are infront of them. I;m a sucker for gadgets too but think that a chalk line maybe more useful.

cant beat a chalk line, i was using my laser level on a ceiling recently, and it was more work than a chalk line.

Yup .. I think it could be stick to what you know works ... now where did i put that stick ..?

Been looking at one myself recently as i have alot of work in refurb property at the moment. Might pick one of the cheap ones up from SF just to try. Used one of the ceiling boarders dewalt ones and it was excellent but is currently out my price range!

I like a chalk line, but a laser is always handy to map it out initially, won't leave loads of chalk on a ceiling either, also helps in planning it out, got a "Straitline " not that expensive and comes with a stud finder a base you can put sticky pads on and it also has a retractable spike at each end to fix it to timber & plasterboard etc, About the size of a tape measure.

Mike.

I have a few PLS's (laser level and plumb bob) with tripod.

I do wonder if the cheaper ones are just as good? I think you can pick some up for about 20 quid!

If you are doing site work, use cheap ones - they quickly go missing!

O.