New tool

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You havn't

I have one. Needed a detailed sander so bought it as more versitile. There is no other tool that will cut a square hole! Or so close to the edge. There are some things than you can only do with one. Even if you only use it once a month @

I was thinking of one of these looks like more use than my old apprentice was ! might get one now.

The reason I'm now getting one is that I've got a rewire to do in the next week or so and they want to have exposed floorboards throughout..

I've also had a few jobs in the past where I wish I'd had one, so this has just been the push that I needed

Honest question but why would you use a sander as an electrician?? Thanks

worth every penny if you need to do a bit of filling work :)

manual labour sucks! lol

Honest question but why would you use a sander as an electrician?? Thanks
If that was directed @ me - I'm a vet.............

............. who likes making things out of wood. I have a fairly decent tool collection :D

no no, it was meant at nozspark. I'm just inclined to why an electrician would use one on a job. As he says he is doing a rewire with exposed floorboards. Is this so he can sand off any damage done to the floorboards when raising them etc??

no no, it was meant at nozspark. I'm just inclined to why an electrician would use one on a job. As he says he is doing a rewire with exposed floorboards. Is this so he can sand off any damage done to the floorboards when raising them etc??
You know they are an oscillating saw? if you need to cut floorboards you can do it flush with the wall under the skirting and leave no trace if exposed floors. Often with stud walls the floorboards continue under the wall.

You could sand with it if you want.

Have you seen the neat job M107 did with the lath and plaster using his oscillating saw?

ah right i see now, I thought it was just a sander! Can understand why now.

cheers patch

It's a cheaper version of the Fein multimaster,,, I think the blades/attachments are interchangeable??

If you get all the bits it can cut wood, plastics, metal and even tiles and into plaster... I doubt that I'll ever use it as a sander!!

I did look at the bosch before I got my fien but it didn't come with many attachments (and the ones it did come with looked "sub-standard" compared to he Fien versions so I opted for the fien as it came with loads of cutters that would have cost more to buy for the bosch.

Ian.