Fill up your van, car & any empty cans!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apache

Cow Fiddler ™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I take it you all have remembered that fuel goes up 2p per litre at midnight tonight.

Get those tanks filled up!

:D

Just doing a bit of public service..........

Rediculous its going to be 110p before we know it. X(

Nice avatar dave ;)

Already did it at Asda this a.m. but thanks anyway.

It seems to have gone up 1p every week lately. 99.9p not long ago, now 102.9.

I don't care as the boss pays my van fuel and when not at work I ride my bike and I will hardly notice such a small rise. 2p a litre on a full tank for a van is only about

I don't care as the boss pays my van fuel
A mate of mine had the same outlook on a lot of the company perks he had....... up until the time the company had to do a few cutbacks...... and he was one of the cutbacks!

He's changed a bit since going self employed.

Pyro.

As usual the price has crept up over the last weeks, under New Labour's Tax the Motorist until they Squeal ,scheme .

I have just been round to ASDA ,where I always fill up, because tank is empty not price rise, only to find all the pumps bollarded off except the one you stick your card into. Booths locked up.

Now, I wonder why they were shut, they normally open 363 days per year and are always busy, Mmmmm ! what could be the reason do you think, Oh just a minute!! You don't think they have full tanks , purchased at yesterdays rate and will be selling it at tomorrows rate ,do you ??? Its Tesco from now on methinks.

Now, I wonder why they were shut, they normally open 363 days per year and are always busy, Mmmmm ! what could be the reason do you think, Oh just a minute!! You don't think they have full tanks , purchased at yesterdays rate and will be selling it at tomorrows rate ,do you ??? Its Tesco from now on methinks.
they will buy the fuel at the same price today as they will tomorrow, just fuel duty goes up tomorrow, so any fuel they sell tomorrow they will have to pay more to HMRC. i wouldnt have thought it would be in their interest to shut today and sell more tomorrow

Well here's one for you.

My old man has this weekend had his oil heating tank filled (yes thats going up tomorrow aswel), anyway the driver delivering said it's best to stop just below *** litres as if you go over by even a couple of litres you have to pay double tax........not on the few extra liters but on the whole load delivered.

A mate of mine had the same outlook on a lot of the company perks he had....... up until the time the company had to do a few cutbacks...... and he was one of the cutbacks! He's changed a bit since going self employed.

Pyro.
I wouldn't call a grotty 54 plate broken Transit that you aren't allowed to use other than for work purposes a 'perk'. Luckily my company is winning 10 year contracts in abundance so my work is assured. Shame as I dearly want to be self employed and need a bit of a 'push' to make the break. For now I will have to be content with raping the boss!

Petrol price at Asda today is the same as Monday, 102.9. No price rise, very strange.