DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

pat testing 110v extension leads.

daveyboy

Question

Hi everyone,

i've got a martindale easypat 1600 which has a facilty to test extension leads by plugging them in and the red bars tell you if if they are ok e.g 3 bars correct,2 bars something missing etc etc. But for this function you need to plug the other end of the lead in to a power socket to test. no problem when i'm doing offices etc where its all 240v. But when i'm on construction sites testing 110v tools and leads in the office how do you guys think is the best way to plug the over end of the lead in as there is only 240v supply in the office. Do you think I should use a transformer or make an adaptor so the I can conect the leads upto 240v and test under the 240v lead function. Any advice welcome please. Sorry for the long post and i've had a fews glasses so sorry if a few things dont make sense. :YThanks.

Daveyboy:ROTFWL

3 answers to this question

I've got a Metrel easypat?? it comes with a 110v adaptor!!

But it will only do earth continuity and IR checks with 110v stuff

My Robin has a 110 volt test outlet, but to test 110 is has to itself be plugged into a 110 supply (via an adaptor). Never used the function so far to be honest.

a 230-110v adapter could be used, but obviously make sure no-one else gets a hold of it

Archived