pat testing 110v extension leads.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveyboy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

i've got a martindale easypat 1600 which has a facilty to test extension leads by plugging them in and the red bars tell you if if they are ok e.g 3 bars correct,2 bars something missing etc etc. But for this function you need to plug the other end of the lead in to a power socket to test. no problem when i'm doing offices etc where its all 240v. But when i'm on construction sites testing 110v tools and leads in the office how do you guys think is the best way to plug the over end of the lead in as there is only 240v supply in the office. Do you think I should use a transformer or make an adaptor so the I can conect the leads upto 240v and test under the 240v lead function. Any advice welcome please. Sorry for the long post and i've had a fews glasses so sorry if a few things dont make sense. :YThanks.

Daveyboy: ROTFWL

My Robin has a 110 volt test outlet, but to test 110 is has to itself be plugged into a 110 supply (via an adaptor). Never used the function so far to be honest.