DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Is earthing and bonding notifiable work

meady

Question

Simple question chaps, just carried out a visual inspection on a concearned customer property which has had a new consumer unit installed by a sparkie that lied about being part p compliant. Everything looks ok visually apart from the earthing and bonding needs upgrading. I have told the customer that for me to sign off the consumer unit I need to take off the one installed and replace it myself and test + inspect. She cant afford that but she wants the eathing and bonding upgraded to the current requirements. Im pretty sure it is notifiable but just wanted to check with the experts;)

10 answers to this question

i dont think it is

i dont think it is

Agreed. bonding is NOT notifiable..

page 8 App Doc P...

Table 1 work that need not be notified to LABC..

fifth line down..

"Installing or upgrading main or supplementary equipotentail bonding."

Although the NIC do have a tick box for notifying it on their LABC notification website page???:|:|!

Although the NIC do have a tick box for notifying it on their LABC notification website page???:|:|!

could that be so you notify and they get an extra few

No it does not. Little Green Book (what's the shorthand for that?) page 21, table 1, 5th item down.

Ian.

'LGB'?

:(

you snuck in whilst me back was turned there...Blushing

I have a Thin Blue book page 8???

TBB:p

'LGB'?

:(

you snuck in whilst me back was turned there...Blushing

I have a Thin Blue book page 8???

TBB:p

isnt it thin blue line?!

i think for some reason there is the ability to notify bonding on the ELECSA menus

British standards form it is the ninth item (main/ supplementary bonding) So I would assume it is notifiable. I would not think any tom **** or kitchen fitter that is not registerd should do it although kitchen fitters would not worry anyway.

Batty

Archived