Is earthing and bonding notifiable work

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meady

Reaction score
Simple question chaps, just carried out a visual inspection on a concearned customer property which has had a new consumer unit installed by a sparkie that lied about being part p compliant. Everything looks ok visually apart from the earthing and bonding needs upgrading. I have told the customer that for me to sign off the consumer unit I need to take off the one installed and replace it myself and test + inspect. She cant afford that but she wants the eathing and bonding upgraded to the current requirements. Im pretty sure it is notifiable but just wanted to check with the experts;)

AndyC is correct- work consisting of installing or upgrading main or supplementary equipotential bonding is not notifiable (Table 1 of Part P).

No it does not. Little Green Book (what's the shorthand for that?) page 21, table 1, 5th item down.

Ian.

i dont think it is
Agreed. bonding is NOT notifiable..

page 8 App Doc P...

Table 1 work that need not be notified to LABC..

fifth line down..

"Installing or upgrading main or supplementary equipotentail bonding."

Although the NIC do have a tick box for notifying it on their LABC notification website page?? ?:| :| !

i think for some reason there is the ability to notify bonding on the ELECSA menus

British standards form it is the ninth item (main/ supplementary bonding) So I would assume it is notifiable. I would not think any tom **** or kitchen fitter that is not registerd should do it although kitchen fitters would not worry anyway.

Batty