spurs at the origen

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
socket spur at origen, so strate in the ring mcb. any objections?

it works, next step face book, well may be not. ;) yes i looked in the reg and its there in black and white. i herd it was fround upon so i though i would get some opinions.

the origional plan was to pull out the incoming ring, crimp it take it to the socket then back to the mcb, but its a bit tight and messy

i know many people say its wrong, but there is nothing in 7671 that says you cant
yeah i agree andy. altho he says there is^ ?????

yer it even says u can, like u say its no diff from a socket or straight off the ring

if there was one already then i would not put in another. what would u recomend.

16 or 20A radial, but to existing board, not always possible. this would also require notification, where as adding to existing circuit wouldnt. great planning isnt it

go to the next nearest accessory or make one near the board

or jb

i would do the 16 amp but there is no spare way

nearest plug is a spur. i was going to change that to an fcu and then take 2 spurs off that

no room for jb either. its a bit of a tough one

waste of a skt. perhaps put a spur next to the skt then feed your skt off that.

putting more than 1 skt of a fcu is allowed i think but can be argued that nuisance fuse blowing could happen.

opps no you can't do that as the spur is a spur headbang

the ring comes in the back of the cu, they are tight aswell cant get my crimps in.

so can i take a fcu from a spur then feed the socket off that