DNO and board change

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hia all I need some advice as to how to get in touch with a DNO (SWALEC I think - job is in the lower Welsh valleys). Its currently a TT system with what looks like a 1mm main earthing conductor, no circuits marked on the board etc.

Before I start the job I am looking to have a DP isolator fitted so that I dont have issues with resealing etc.

Any advice on how to contact the DNO would be much appreciated as I have hit a wall with them.

AndyGuiness Drink

Hia all I need some advice as to how to get in touch with a DNO (SWALEC I think - job is in the lower Welsh valleys). Its currently a TT system with what looks like a 1mm main earthing conductor, no circuits marked on the board etc.Before I start the job I am looking to have a DP isolator fitted so that I dont have issues with resealing etc.

Any advice on how to contact the DNO would be much appreciated as I have hit a wall with them.

AndyGuiness Drink
There was a thread which had a map with the various DNO's on, OP might have been Mcgraw81?, give Patch a while he will find it I'm sure

it will be western power distribution or scottish power energy networks

if your wanting an isolator fitted you will have to go threw the supplier not the DNO the metering equiptment will be owned by the DNO but a metering operator will be responsable for any works needed apart from emergency works and then that fall back to the DNO

as long as yo have the postcode/meter serial number you can contact the DNO and find teh MPAN number with the imfo needed to contact the supplier if you dont already know it.

if you can let us know the supplier i can PM you the number for the direct to the dept you need.

here are the DNO numbers to find out the MPAN if you dont know it to find the supplier:

WPD: 0800 052 0400 south wales area

SP: 0845 273 4444 north wales area

0800 052 5252

thats the genaral enq number for swalec, part of scottish and southern i belive sometimes get the iso fitted for free from them quite good at getting it done quickly to, give them a call, give them MPAN number (found on bill or threw the DNO helpline ) address ect and ask for a 100A iso to be fitted , they should pass it on the there nomonated metering provider and get it fitted for you.

yeah that totaly normal, its to prove they are the supplyer and mainly so they can find the details on the system to assign a job number, it will be on the bill if your not the bill payer they usualy want the client to be there when the call is made for data protection also if they charge for the service the client has to agree to it, once they have all this should be straight forward.

much easyer a lot of the time the call centers dont like talking to anyone else but the cliet themselfs all data protection, just tell her exactly what you require im guessing just 100A iso? and they should just book the job, i notice you sat its a TT while your at it might be worth seeing if PME is avalible