Control wiring for Potterton/honeywell heating system

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markiemarque

Reaction score
Hi,

A customer has reported a problem with their Potterton boiler - on return from holiday the water takes too long to heat up as the boiler keeps switching off/on, rather than heating the tank continually until the water is the correct temperature.

The PCB has been replaced previously so the control wiring is suspected.

I am not really up to speed with how boiler circuits are wired so would anyone who has wired one of these take a look at my attached wiring diagram and let me know if it's correct .... I (hopefully have captured the data correctly Blushing)

Thanks

Mark

Wiring.jpg

I just found all the information in the central heating section ... sorry, hadn't scrolled down that far before headbang .

I would not think it has got anything to do with wiring if it has only happened since they returned from holiday.

Batty

it could be a problem with the boilers internal Tstat, or if not the cylinder stat or motorised valve my be faulty.It may be possible to listen to the valve and find out if its operating when the boiler is switching on and off.If not it is probably a boiler fault.

Thanks for the ideas. The problem actually occurs whenever the customer has any time away.

I have enrolled for the Honeywell one day course (

Thanks for the ideas. The problem actually occurs whenever the customer has any time away.
It has been known for boilers to get jealous.

Next time they go away they will have to take it with them...................

:D