DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Fitting c/u sideways

Blue Fox

Question

Hello all,

Got a customer who wants a c/u change but would like the c/u fitted up down rather than left right - sideways if you know what i mean. I can't see a problem with it but thought I would check.

9 answers to this question

Nope not a problem, sometimes the only way to do it.

AndyGuiness Drink

think of a TPNE board....

This has cropped up before, and although it looks odd, I don't see any problem either.

i think i remeber seeing a photo on here, where someone had used dare i say 'proteus' fuseboards and stacked them, was a very narrow set up due to the small width of the boards.

I wouldnt touch Proteus gear, hazardous to what little reputation I do have:p:coat

AndyGuiness Drink

i think i remeber seeing a photo on here, where someone had used dare i say 'proteus' fuseboards and stacked them, was a very narrow set up due to the small width of the boards.

It was meBlushingBlushing:coatBlushingBlushing

I've used a couple in situations like this and I have never had a callback to them......

If you want to look they a photo of them is in my album (my sig)

Thanks for the replies guys, didn't think it was a problem but never fitted one sideways before. Customer is having a new cupboard built and it would make it a lot easier for them if it went sideways.

Personally I would check with the manufacturer. The design / patent/ safety certificate I would presume includes its mounting position (thermal pathways, etc)

If there was an incident with the equipment, I have no doubt the insurance investigators would seek to prove that it was not fitted in accordance with the manufacturer

Archived