Fitting c/u sideways

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Fox

Reaction score
Hello all,

Got a customer who wants a c/u change but would like the c/u fitted up down rather than left right - sideways if you know what i mean. I can't see a problem with it but thought I would check.

i think i remeber seeing a photo on here, where someone had used dare i say 'proteus' fuseboards and stacked them, was a very narrow set up due to the small width of the boards.

i think i remeber seeing a photo on here, where someone had used dare i say 'proteus' fuseboards and stacked them, was a very narrow set up due to the small width of the boards.
It was meBlushingBlushing:coatBlushingBlushing

I've used a couple in situations like this and I have never had a callback to them......

If you want to look they a photo of them is in my album (my sig)

Thanks for the replies guys, didn't think it was a problem but never fitted one sideways before. Customer is having a new cupboard built and it would make it a lot easier for them if it went sideways.

If they are having a cupboard built make it big enough to get board in remember you need access to comply with regs.

Batty

Personally I would check with the manufacturer. The design / patent/ safety certificate I would presume includes its mounting position (thermal pathways, etc)

If there was an incident with the equipment, I have no doubt the insurance investigators would seek to prove that it was not fitted in accordance with the manufacturer