60A wylex std with 40A MCB!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder why those 40A MCB carriers have that lug on the back that makes them tip forward????

Oh I know,,,, it because you aren't meant to fit them to the 60A boards!! Blinking bathroom fitters!! (Not the original installers)

Oh and I love that "THERE ARE NO SOCKETS IN THIS ESTABLISHMENT........" sticker.ROTFWLROTFWL

Never seen ones of those stickers before ffs! Is that why consumer units are generally larger now so that we can stick loads more disclaimers on them:^O

I wonder why those 40A MCB carriers have that lug on the back that makes them tip forward????Oh I know,,,, it because you aren't meant to fit them to the 60A boards!! Blinking bathroom fitters!! (Not the original installers)

Oh and I love that "THERE ARE NO SOCKETS IN THIS ESTABLISHMENT........" sticker.ROTFWLROTFWL
Concur...

I shall have to get some of those stickers myslef...

How about another sticker to save having to put RCD's on cables buried in walls... something like

"There are NO walls in this establishment

suitable or drilling or nailing to hang pictures or shelves!"

?:| :|

:coat

Never seen ones of those stickers before ffs! Is that why consumer units are generally larger now so that we can stick loads more disclaimers on them:^O
Applaud SmileyApplaud Smiley:x

Its a bit like kids with the soccer teams stickers...

Got to get the set..!!!!

The more you can stick on your CU the better spark you are!! :p ] :) ]:) :D :^O:^O:^O

I wonder why those 40A MCB carriers have that lug on the back that makes them tip forward????Oh I know,,,, it because you aren't meant to fit them to the 60A boards!! Blinking bathroom fitters!! (Not the original installers)

It's a ground floor flat as well.Applaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

Never noticed that although can't say I have used many. Looking at a 45 amp cartridge fuse they would fit as they have the same base.

Batty