Joys of parenting and irons

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin Spark

Reaction score
Got my 3 and half year old daughter up to her bedroom ready for sleep tonight, she always has some warm milk before getting into bed and watches bit of tv. Meanwhile wife decides to do ironing now that the little one is out of her way.

Oh...the electric has just gone off. Daughter has just gone hysterical because a.) we're in darkness b.) She thinks someone has turned Dora the Explorer off her tv.

I run back upstairs but was trying to make my way to CU in garage ffs! Bring daughter downstairs who then has worked herself up that much she is sick all over me....nice thankyou headbang .

Eventually get back to resetting the darned RCD that has tripped and found out that the iron had caused problem.

Then the Mrs starts shouting at me " Your fault you fool, you put the iron away full of water and it leaked in the cupboard you have broke it!"

Checked it out, L_N to earth fault on the element so also gotta get new iron 2moro.

Doesnt feel like its my night tonight!

RCBO's would be better route, but TBH the Consumer unit is bit of a lash up (not my work) and I just need to get round to sorting the whole thing out plus other stuff in house.

Dont know if others on the forum are same as me but I always find it difficult doing jobs around my own house but if it was for someone else I'd be round their straightaway. :D Thats another thing that the Mrs is always moaning at me for!!

RCBO's would be better route, but TBH the Consumer unit is bit of a lash up (not my work) and I just need to get round to sorting the whole thing out plus other stuff in house. Dont know if others on the forum are same as me but I always find it difficult doing jobs around my own house but if it was for someone else I'd be round their straightaway. :D Thats another thing that the Mrs is always moaning at me for!!
The solution is.....

Find another local spark....

You do the work in his house..

he will do the work in your house..

ALL JOBS DONE QUICK!!!

problem solved!!! :p :) :^O :^O

it took me seven years to get round to installing a double socket

in my front room.

in your own place you can always do it tomorrow.

quote from a friend

the cobblers son goes barefoot

RCBO's would be better route, but TBH the Consumer unit is bit of a lash up (not my work) and I just need to get round to sorting the whole thing out plus other stuff in house. Dont know if others on the forum are same as me but I always find it difficult doing jobs around my own house but if it was for someone else I'd be round their straightaway. :D Thats another thing that the Mrs is always moaning at me for!!
Tell me about it mate ! agree you dont get the mrs moaning when you in sombody elses house ! i have to admit i have left the 10min jobs then you end up with about 6mths of them built up and you wish you'd done them when they were 10mins ! beware of these 10min jobs ! there out to get you and gives the mrs another thing to talk nicely about !

:coat

Got my 3 and half year old daughter up to her bedroom ready for sleep tonight, she always has some warm milk before getting into bed and watches bit of tv. Meanwhile wife decides to do ironing now that the little one is out of her way.Oh...the electric has just gone off. Daughter has just gone hysterical because a.) we're in darkness b.) She thinks someone has turned Dora the Explorer off her tv.

I run back upstairs but was trying to make my way to CU in garage ffs! Bring daughter downstairs who then has worked herself up that much she is sick all over me....nice thankyou headbang .

Eventually get back to resetting the darned RCD that has tripped and found out that the iron had caused problem.

Then the Mrs starts shouting at me " Your fault you fool, you put the iron away full of water and it leaked in the cupboard you have broke it!"

Checked it out, L_N to earth fault on the element so also gotta get new iron 2moro.

Doesnt feel like its my night tonight!
Why is it your fault the female of the house is in charge of the iron :D :D

to be fair im an electrician and security engineer, and ive rewired the house top to bottom, installed 2 sound systems, cctv and intruder and security lighting, as well as pond and garden electrics and lighting to :p we arnt all as bad as some :p

;)

to be fair im an electrician and security engineer, and ive rewired the house top to bottom, installed 2 sound systems, cctv and intruder and security lighting, as well as pond and garden electrics and lighting to :p we arnt all as bad as some :p ;)
you sound good Badger - then we remember you have garden gnomes and you shoot back down in our estimations..............

:D

I also get the old chesnut "I'll phone round & get some quotes if you are not doing these jobs at home"

I have this week re-wired the patio lighting after I disconnected it while extending the garage.......2.5 years ago

As for my cu (100ma stype + 30mA on TT system) well I did that when we moved in some years ago + re-wired the house while at it.

to be fair im an electrician and security engineer, and ive rewired the house top to bottom, installed 2 sound systems, cctv and intruder and security lighting, as well as pond and garden electrics and lighting to :p we arnt all as bad as some :p ;)
That's because you have too much time on your hands, me olde mucker. ;)

:D

LOL @ Patch.