Parrot CK3100 installation

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L-E_Fault

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the parrot CK3100 handsfree kit some company's are charging

I can fit all cellular kit into vehicles........... used to be a vodafone installation engineer :)

The parrot kits are simple to install, as they come with iso power adapter leads so all the power is taken fron the vehicles radio & the bluetooth/cellular audio is fed via the vehicle entertainment speakers + the system will mute the radio when in a call.

Take a look at the parrot site, the download section will give tips on installing the kits.

http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/bluetooth-hands-free-car-kits

If your vehicle has phone controls built in (on the steering wheel) think about getting the add on such as multican or multicom systems from parrot.

I would wait a while before purchasing that item and see if there are any problems.

I had the previous version which I did like except the fascia would often not engage or fall off during use. Look on the old net about them and found everyone with the same complaint, took it straight back to shop for a refund.

It was very good on price and nice design feature of hiding the ipod, apart from that it needed a lot of work on the product by the maker.

I have 1 mate. Fitted in (used to be) my P plate vectra then took it out and fitted in my now y plate zafira. Very easy to fit so long as your stereo has the right connectors. not sure if new vauxs are still standard isos. If not you need an adaptor that usually cost between

I have an MK9100 fitted to my 06 Clio....This is paired with my IPhone. The only quarms i have with it is that it can sometime hang, this requires a car restart to solve :p Other than that its all good, quite simple to fit too

I run a Parrot MK9100 too.

Nice piece of kit... in regards to it hanging, you need to update the software/firmware.

I've never had mine hang since.

There was an issue with a certain batch where the remote used to flatten the battery, but Parrot would swap out the faulty unit.

O.

We have parrots in all out vans. not sure of the model, and they were installed by someone else, but its mostly plug & play on radio connections

We have parrots in all out vans. not sure of the model, and they were installed by someone else, but its mostly plug & play on radio connections
I sometimes take the dog in the van never tried a parrot though.

Batty

:coat

I run a Parrot MK9100 too.Nice piece of kit... in regards to it hanging, you need to update the software/firmware.

I've never had mine hang since.

There was an issue with a certain batch where the remote used to flatten the battery, but Parrot would swap out the faulty unit.

O.
I update the firmware everytime a new update comes out :|

Thanks fellas, very helpfull.

Sounds like its best if I give it a go myself I'll be back on here if I get stuck for more advice.

Thanks again

Tim

i have the parrot excellent kit and a very easy self install, halfords do a free fitting on it if you buy it from them

Kids can be like parrots in the car,

especially when a dumb blonde bimbo woman cuts you up :eek: headbang

:^O

Blushing

i have the parrot excellent kit and a very easy self install, halfords do a free fitting on it if you buy it from them
I wouldn't let Halfords fit the kit for you...I've seen some of the bodge jobs they have done and actually borked the cars electronics!!!