Any Ideas

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaem

Reaction score
Hi All

What sort of price would any of you charge for fitting a couple of outside lights.

Bog standard on the wall jobby probably pick up from the lighting circuit.

Just need an idea on what to charge per light or as a whole.

Any ideas would be good.

Thanks

I agree It tends to be the one area that un nerves me the most.

I dont have alot of experience in the costing of work and try to avoid under pricing and loosing money on the job.

Do you tend to tell the customer that you will go away and get back to them with a price or do you tell them one there and then.

We always go away and ring them back, that way we can talk about it not infront of the customer.

For one light out of the loft (standard 15quid timeguard security light) we charge

Do you tend to tell the customer that you will go away and get back to them with a price or do you tell them one there and then.
I always get back to them with a price. Gives me more time to think about exactly what the job might entail. I always think it seems more professional to get back to them with something on paper as well.

What are the lights they want?

I did two on Wednesday

for bog standard bulkheads (pizza type) off existing circuit

depends. if its a small job, then i sometimes give a price there and then (and sometimes do the job, if its something like change a light). otherwise they get a price later