Any one got a copy BS 5839-1:2002+A2:2008

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elect42

Reaction score
Hi does anyone have a copy for download of BS 5839-1:2002+A2:2008, I have an NICEIC inspection and need the current edition

i dont think NIC will be happy at you producing an illegal copy for assessment....

youll be lucky if you can find one on the net. ive tried a few times for different BS and got nowhere (great planning isnt it, charge loads for documents you need to legally work to!)

If i can get PDF form they wont know, How will they its a download. Price is around 218 rip off. Someone must have a copy here on this site. Please

is there a digital version you can legally purchase? (if not, then they have all the proof they need its not legit)

and can i ask how you plan to do work if you dont have the relevent standards you should be working to?

Off course there is a digital download, why would I be asking. There isnt must changed within it. End of the day its a guidance when you are unsure about something look it up. Why have you read it?? I dont know anyone would read it all. I am familiar with the regs have all exams to date required.

Off course there is a digital download, why would I be asking. There isnt must changed within it. End of the day its a guidance when you are unsure about something look it up. Why have you read it?? I dont know anyone would read it all. I am familiar with the regs have all exams to date required.
i dont work with fire alarms so have no need to read it. 7671 is still guidance, and i know it well, but its still something that i have a copy of. if you doing fire alarms, it should be no different for you. its just one of those expenses of doing fire alarms (and there expensive because they dont sell many, and if people like you keep downloading them, they make less and the next version will cost more)

All approved contractors need copies of regulations I have updated most copies but now need to update BS5839-1 2008. I will buy it download form and print it out but if someone had it and was willing to help out and provide a copy to me then why should I buy it. There is updates changes its only one way of screwing hard workibng people trying to earn a few pounds. You buy current edition then they forgot to put in something bring out another edition. Hope this is the last edition its bringing us towards same regulations as the EU

But its no different to any document or cd etc. They cost money to produce so if everyone downloads it how are companies going to make any money. I agree some are expensive but if you are doing fire alarms you need to add that into your costs.

Batty

All approved contractors need copies of regulations I have updated most copies but now need to update BS5839-1 2008. I will buy it download form and print it out but if someone had it and was willing to help out and provide a copy to me then why should I buy it. There is updates changes its only one way of screwing hard workibng people trying to earn a few pounds. You buy current edition then they forgot to put in something bring out another edition. Hope this is the last edition its bringing us towards same regulations as the EU
You will find the download version will need paying for as well, which is about the same price as the hard copy so your in a catch 22 situation.

I also was looking for the bs5839 and 7671 emergency lighting have looked everywhere but no luck even tried a few architetchs beleve it or not they didnt have it either because they keep changing parts so they dont buy it

I also have niceic inspection so need it, got last inspection put off because i didnt have it was chatting to inspector he doesnt mind if its a copy he doesnt care

so i would say if you get it I would purchase a copy of you maybe that would bring down the cost a bit

it all helps

There are cd versions I can check but my scanned info is on floppies and will have to dig out old pc with floppy drive think should have E lighting somewhere some where as well have not got the latest addendums electronicaly though.

I will be in the office on Thurs so may be able to get new versions

Good news

I have found a cd with some info ref 5839 on that you could do with also a emergency lighting training module Legislation and basic design.

These are 3 years old so like I say there have been some updates especially the new catagory's which if you read should be included.

need to arrange address to send to

As stated on other post need a way of getting info to you I have found some info on cd that may be of help.

Hi the current BS5839-1 2008 is what I need I have current copy BS5839-1 2002 and BS 5266-1 Emg lighting 2005 that hasnt been updated yet Thankfully. I am looking new regs BS5839-1 2008, I can purchase for download and print out it is same cost as if I buy it paper form. It comes in loose pages anyway then you place it in a folder the updated BS5839-1 2002 is completely diferenet its not take a few sheets out and repalce with new updates its the hole regs. Any one got a copy

I was under the impression that most BS publications were "purchase only" documents, either hard copy or electronic...

e.g. look at the copyright paragraph in the front of BS7671..

need written permission to reproduce, store, copy, transmit etc. etc.. any part of the document.

IMHO if it was easy to download copies most approved contractor bodies would offer download facilities to their members! ;)

:|

Not a case of downloading more of keeping my copy electronically for site use without carrying the book all the time.