9/11

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L-E_Fault

Reaction score
I'm watching '9/11 102 minutes that changed America' unbelievable home video footage, watch it on C4+1 if you see this thread on time, if not catch it on C4 On Demand.

I can't believe it was 8 years ago I've been to New York and have seen ground zero its impossible to comprehend what it must have been like when the towers came down.

It still makes me cold when you see footage of people jumping from the buildings, how bad must it have been for someone to jump to there death.

I wish I could swear on here, then I could tell you just how much I hate terrorists.X(X( X(

The Don has seen that CH4 footage many years ago.

I'm sure those jumping out out of the windows, knew they face almost certain instant death, as opposed to the unknown.

Safety rules were broken, when the horrific events took place, thousands could of been saved if immediate evac was implemented.

Don

it frustrates me that we will never see an end to terrorism theres always gonna be extremists willing to murder innocent people.

it frustrates me that we will never see an end to terrorism there's always gonna be extremists willing to murder innocent people.
Welcome to the human race.

The Godfather

there targeting the wrong people. blow up brown & co instead (and how many of us will think there hero's?)
When you start saying that about democratically elected governments you become as bad as the terrorists, Idi Amin, Sadam Hussein et al.

When you start saying that about democratically elected governments you become as bad as the terrorists, Idi Amin, Sadam Hussein et al.
there is a difference between an elected government with the peoples choice of leader

and that of change of leader that no one has a say in !!

there is a difference between an elected government with the peoples choice of leaderand that of change of leader that no one has a say in !!
But that would require a change in the constitution & we would end up with American style politics where people vote for the man & not the party. The danger there is that the PM/President may not represent the majority party & you end up with lame duck politics as happened with George W in America.

The Americans are still going on about September 11th (not sure what happened on 9/11, the 9th November - I digress) and yet the day after the London bombings people were queuing up for the bus and tube...........

It was an awful tragedy but the past is the past, life goes on.

There is a book written by one of the NY firemen called " Last Man Down" .Something that stuck in my mind (as well as the "jumpers") was as he was getting people down he came across a guy still working at his PC , he had to be dragged away. !!!

I'd say most of us on here take our job seriously but occasionally self preservation comes first, methinks!!

As said , I too can't believe its 8 years ago !

The Birmingham Pub Bombings still seems recent, time goes fast, as apprentices we used to drink in The Mulberry Bush.

The Forum restraints ( rightly so) on bad lanuage prevents further comment on both cases !!

The Americans are still going on about September 11th (not sure what happened on 9/11, the 9th November - I digress) and yet the day after the London bombings people were queuing up for the bus and tube...........It was an awful tragedy but the past is the past, life goes on.
I was in London that day and there was no point queueing on the 7th cos there wasn't even taxi's. Everyone was walking, almost like something out of a post apocalyptic brit flick. Only cars on the road were the ones left at the offices (like Ferrari's and lambo's) and one may pass every 10-15 mins or so.

Aren't the Americans great at conspiracy theories? 9/11, moon landings, alien landings. Any others?