Website Feedback

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianmacd

Reaction score
Hey guys (and girls).

I have just stuck a new "microsite" up and wanted to get some feedback if its not too much trouble. http://macwire.co.uk.

Thanks.

Ian.

part p page. dont put stuff that isnt true. there is also 'p>' before bottom para
Care to expand as I am unsure what you are referring to? p> fixed ta.

one thing i would do is remove the contact links

(emails)

Bots can easily get hold of these, and they will submit and spam your inbox will not happen strait away, but will definitely happen.

Need any help with a contact form give me a PM (ive got a good HTML one)

Could do with some more content, Google likes content on the main pages (H2 tags)

What it doesn't like is dirty code (rubbish within the code)

what are you using to create ure site?

one thing i would do is remove the contact links(emails)

Bots can easily get hold of these, and they will submit and spam your inbox will not happen strait away, but will definitely happen.

Need any help with a contact form give me a PM (ive got a good HTML one)

Could do with some more content, Google likes content on the main pages (H2 tags)

What it doesn't like is dirty code (rubbish within the code)

what are you using to create ure site?
Ta for feedback. Will grab a formmail script at some point and fix that.

Used vi (after taking the style from another site I have). Need to run it though html validator as I suspect its not fully compliant atm.

with the form mail dont use an online one, just use ure own. one that you host on ure own space. much better :)

'Since 2005, only a competent person may do electrical work in dwellings.'what about the notifying route for those not scam reg'd
You will still be classed as a competent person as I understand it, even if direct to LABC.

with the form mail dont use an online one, just use ure own. one that you host on ure own space. much better :)
Or I may just use PHP's mail function as that saves using another scripting language too.

You will still be classed as a competent person as I understand it, even if direct to LABC.
it reads very different from the truth. that is enough to put customers off (if im looking for something, and they say something like only competent persons can do work etc, when i know thats not fully true, they will get nothing from me)

Or I may just use PHP's mail function as that saves using another scripting language too.
a PHP one is fine, but that is still hosted on ure own server, what im saying is dont go to a site that says "here use this code"

Ure also using HTML already, so wont be using a different code if you created a HTML one ure self for ure site.

it reads very different from the truth. that is enough to put customers off (if im looking for something, and they say something like only competent persons can do work etc, when i know thats not fully true, they will get nothing from me)
I take your point and will look at rewording that.

Thanks.

Ian.

From a purely persomal point of view, I wouldn't use a business whose only point of contact was an e-mail address. I would be looking for a full postal address & a landline, not mobile only, number.

How does this sound:

"Since 2005, the law regarding who can undertake certain electrical work in dwellings has changed."

From a purely persomal point of view, I wouldn't use a business whose only point of contact was an e-mail address. I would be looking for a full postal address & a landline, not mobile only, number.
Had planned on adding that later but want to get it "sorted" first.

Thanks.

Ian.

I think you need to maybe put what your offering on the home page or at least have a 'services' page after the home page, it to much like an electricity information web site if you know what I mean. Make it clear what your offering first and foremost, they can read about electrical safety, part P and all that stuff after they know you are offering what there looking for.

A gallery would be good also as people sometimes like to see what there getting before parting with there cash.

One more small point when you hover the cursor over the home page it says 'Turn On to MacWare' should the 'On' be in lower case like the main like the main title 'Switch on to MacWire' sorry if I'm been petty.

Tim

Thanks Guys. Good feedback.

Have fixed that now Tim.

Ian.