Newcastle-Upon-Tyne. Looking for a job as a Mate

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom79

Reaction score
Hi,

Is anyone looking for an electricians mate in Newcastle or surrounding areas?

I am 30 years old, hold a full clean UK drivers license and have worked before as a mate.

The jobs I have worked on previously where mainly long standing council contracts, these included the rewiring of kitchens, replacing consumer units, installing smoke and CO2 alarms. I then worked for a length of time with another council where I was involved in fault finding, installing additional sockets/spurs, separating lighting circuits and cage bonding.

I also have some experience working within commercial units mainly working on single phase fully installing ring mains, light circuits (including high bay) and external flood lighting. This work also involved working with steel conduit and cable tray however this experience was limited to only a couple of days.

I have also worked on domestic contracts replacing fixtures and fittings which may have become damaged or faulty, investigating boiler and storage heater faults and safely installing additional circuits which have been installed in the past privately.

I am a hard worker and have had a number of duties over and above our main roll including the logistical side of supplies and managing the workload of our crew.

I am currently not working as an electricians mate however I am now looking for employment within this field again. I am studying at the moment to sit my 17th Edition C&G qualification after which I will be looking to pass my testing and inspection and gain part p.

I have my own hand tools but not a drill, and I am willing to get my CSCS card if needed.

If anyone has an opportunity or can point me in the direction of someone who may, please reply or PM me for more personal contact details.

Thanks

Tom

** now have passed c&g 2382 - 17th Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Andy,

I live in Gateshead, I have my 17th edition tomorrow so that will be another tick in the box if it goes well.

If you need someone on any jobs let me know, I am working currently but have took longer days so only work 4 days a week, so this means if there is not the option or need for me to work full time with you I can remain in my current job and take on jobs on my days off if that is required, so a little flexability for you anyway.

Thanks

Hello there, I live in Gateshead, I have my 17th edition tomorrow so that will be another tick in the box if it goes well.

Is the job I linked maybe something you may be interested in?
possibly, but only if it was them giving me the job, and they take my prices. that ad is also a few month old so job may be gone by now. and if your in gateshead, you may see me around there sometime tomorrow

I can give them a call if you like? might have some work on still maybe.

If not my original offer of helping on my days off stands if you are ever short and not looking for anyone full time.

Cheers

I can give them a call if you like? might have some work on still maybe.If not my original offer of helping on my days off stands if you are ever short and not looking for anyone full time.

Cheers
you could call them. ill keep you in mind for any work that i need help with (you should have contacted me a few weeks ago before i went on holiday!)

Ah I missed out well, ill PM you my mobile number so I dont miss any future work!

I have tried to call them but I am getting a voice mail so I will try again tomorrow (says they are closed) and let you know how how it went.

Thanks Andyc

Bump to 1st page, still looking ;)

Last edited by a moderator: