Central heating boiler/controller backup batteries

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAAMUSEMENTS

Reaction score
As I sell memory backup batteries for fruit machines, generally the Varta Mempac variety, I am often asked to supply similar batteries for heating and hot water controllers and boilers.

I wondered if there was a list somewhere of which voltage battery is used in specific applications, and whether they are soldered into the PCB (and thus need legs) or whether they just pop into a holder.

This info, if available, would be very useful and greatly appreciated.

:)

pumps /fans are 230v, best option would be a UPS between supply and boiler
Andy - think OP means little button cell batteries used to remember time and settings in the event of a power failure!

Most batteries have the the part no. on them or you can look on websites to find the suitable battery for the timeclock/programmer you have.

Batty

Most batteries have the the part no. on them or you can look on websites to find the suitable battery for the timeclock/programmer you have.Batty
Um... it's not for me... I already have the batteries in stock.

I just wondered if there was a list of controllers and the batteries that they use, so that customers can pick their controller from a list and purchase the correct one from me...