DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Does these tails need an RCD?

Couleddie

Question

Bit of a major disaster at home last week resulting in new CU. Had to renew meter tails as old ones were not long enough. Tails running down wall to cut out on other side. Do these need an RCD Isolator in cut out or alternative protection before plastering?

http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/album.php?albumid=15&pictureid=61

Got the dreaded borrowed neutral to sort out tomorrow. headbang

Who was the person to look at a cow and say, "I think that I'll drink whatever comes out of those things when I squeeze them?"

a very thirsty man or a very dirty manROTFWL

I imagine they just watched a calf..............

Was the funniest cow quote I could come up with from a quick google search over a year ago!

:D

one year on and still funny.

would not like to be the first one to try it, i bet cows were not as tame back then, and god help anyone who try it on a bull

Do you think they'd get a pat on the head?

:coat

Are they the ones that tail you when you're doing 31 in a 30 limit?

argh that'd be them:^O:^O:^O

I imagine they just watched a calf..............

Was the funniest cow quote I could come up with from a quick google search over a year ago!

Careful mate.....

You keep using the words "funny cow" like that, and AD2 will get the hump (Oh, no, that`s camels, isn`t it? Be seeing some of them next week) - YayPrayGuiness Drink]:)

Sorry Mrs. Admin. You know I love you really:x:xB-)

Be seeing some of them next week

Going to the zoo?

:|

Nope. Guess again

He can't be going on holiday when he's just had six months off!

Under the new regs. yes , all cables buried less than 50mm deep need RCD . If it were me I'd put them in trunking or box them in . No RCD needed that way.

Deke

We always used to put the tails in cavity if short distance or almost back to back. I dont anymore and have had to surface mount inside or outside with mech protection, doesnt look good but cant think what else to do. As Evans says If flush less than 50mm they do need RCD.

There was a thread on this last year, started by me, as I recall (`Pache?).

We buried the tails, and put a sheet of 1/2" steel behind the plasterboard, with ALL the circuit tails coming down. Worked a treat:)

Nah - not a holiday per se; we`re considering an international branch of the company, to generate more work.........watch this space.

and how long are your tails. i was told they did not like them to be more than 5 meters

Just under 3m. Fitted an isolator anyway.

Room CU is in used to be a garage but was converted before we bought the house. Original CU when we moved in was Wylex rewirable with tails surface fixed to wall. Looked awful. Room is used as bedroom so it needs to look smart.

May just bung an RCD on there and be done with it. Easy option and saves making any more mess.

There was a thread on this last year, started by me, as I recall (`Pache?).

We buried the tails, and put a sheet of 1/2" steel behind the plasterboard, with ALL the circuit tails coming down. Worked a treat:)

http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=373

Archived