Does these tails need an RCD?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We always used to put the tails in cavity if short distance or almost back to back. I dont anymore and have had to surface mount inside or outside with mech protection, doesnt look good but cant think what else to do. As Evans says If flush less than 50mm they do need RCD.

and how long are your tails. i was told they did not like them to be more than 5 meters

There was a thread on this last year, started by me, as I recall (`Pache?).

We buried the tails, and put a sheet of 1/2" steel behind the plasterboard, with ALL the circuit tails coming down. Worked a treat:)

and how long are your tails. i was told they did not like them to be more than 5 meters
Is that cos thats all b&q sell them in :p

ROTFWL turns out b and q sell them in masive roles, lots of 5 metersROTFWL

not sure were i read it, lots of myths going round

Just under 3m. Fitted an isolator anyway.

Room CU is in used to be a garage but was converted before we bought the house. Original CU when we moved in was Wylex rewirable with tails surface fixed to wall. Looked awful. Room is used as bedroom so it needs to look smart.

May just bung an RCD on there and be done with it. Easy option and saves making any more mess.

what about regs saying you have to split the circuits on diff rcd

like kme says steel plate, unless anyone has anything better

Who was the person to look at a cow and say, "I think that I'll drink whatever comes out of those things when I squeeze them?"

a very thirsty man or a very dirty manROTFWL

I would get a bit of steel plate too. Cut them in a bit then fit the plate over them before its plastered, as long as its thick enough it is never going to get drilled through and it will be in a so called safe zone. You cannot have a 30mA rcd as it will not comply with regs.

Batty

Who was the person to look at a cow and say, "I think that I'll drink whatever comes out of those things when I squeeze them?"a very thirsty man or a very dirty manROTFWL
I imagine they just watched a calf..............

Was the funniest cow quote I could come up with from a quick google search over a year ago!

:D

one year on and still funny.

would not like to be the first one to try it, i bet cows were not as tame back then, and god help anyone who try it on a bull

I think they should change the 50mm reg and allow a 100ma time delay to be fitted

one year on and still funny. would not like to be the first one to try it, i bet cows were not as tame back then, and god help anyone who try it on a bull

Do you think they'd get a pat on the head?

:coat

I imagine they just watched a calf..............Was the funniest cow quote I could come up with from a quick google search over a year ago!

Careful mate.....

You keep using the words "funny cow" like that, and AD2 will get the hump (Oh, no, that`s camels, isn`t it? Be seeing some of them next week) - YayPrayGuiness Drink] :)

Sorry Mrs. Admin. You know I love you really:x:xB-)