help...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny7299

Reaction score
:(Hi there , i know enough about alarms to get me by but i wouldn;t say i am an expert.

I have had a customer ask me to install a infrared beam pir... the problem is , he wants it onto his origianl alarm... and its wireless.

he has got alam

and i was thinking of getting one of these transmitter

to add with these beam

what do you experts think... like i say i know enough but i have never used a infrared beam , but i am guessing it is just the same as a normal PIR

Many thanks

Not sure about what you want to do as I usually fit wired alarms although don't do many. What I would do if I was unsure would be to ring alarm manufacturers tech line they maybe able to help although somebody with more experience may know.

Batty

thats on tommrrows list of jobs... basically i am after advice on the beam,

i know the transmitter will turn wired into wireless, just need some info on the beam

Cheers

Installed two Challenger beams recently, looked excatly the same as the ones you've linked to, excellent, dead easy to set up, 100% reliable.

What do you need to know?

basically are they the same as a normal PIR,

12v in

Alarm

Tamper.

OR do the 2 beams have 2 alarm channels, inwhich case would i need to put them on a double knock.

Transmitter 12V in only

Receiver 12V in, alarm, tamper

Receiver alarms if no beam received from transmitter, therefore transmitter doesn't need tamper - if that makes sense.

just found this... and its part of the wirless system , so no complications...yippyPIR
Danny

Let me know how you get on with this detector as I have not used that one yet, but use the Vidicon kit on private jobs very good and range excellent.

You can use a radio contact as they have the facility to connect auxillary devices via wires to them.

No they wont work it will pick up sunlight and shadows thats why the other is using quad technologie, Many moons ago fitted pir and microwave in parallell with sunshade and rain cover over the top worked like a dream.

Any way your wireless contact is about

Latest posts