heating not working

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all, i had a call from a customer tonight, saying ''i unplugged the plug you told me not to unplug, and now i have a light flashing on the clock, and there is a battery symbol next to this light, why doesnt my boiler fire when i try to switch it on through the clock?''

so ive said ill call round, tomoz and they are fine, but i could do with knowing what has happened, seems like the battery light is flashing to me and maybe requires a new battery, but i dont do much heating electrics :| so could do witha bit of help.

cheers guys.

colin

hi all, i had a call from a customer tonight, saying ''i unplugged the plug you told me not to unplug, and now i have a light flashing on the clock, and there is a battery symbol next to this light, why doesnt my boiler fire when i try to switch it on through the clock?''so ive said ill call round, tomoz and they are fine, but i could do with knowing what has happened, seems like the battery light is flashing to me and maybe requires a new battery, but i dont do much heating electrics :| so could do witha bit of help.

cheers guys.

colin
Just keep hitting the customer with a length of conduit until they agree to plug it back in - use plastic, I find steel bruisesheadbang

Just keep hitting the customer with a length of conduit until they agree to plug it back in - use plastic, I find steel bruisesheadbang
oh blimey!

regs have changed again....

we were always told to use a 1.5m length of 4.0mm, 3-core SWA for hitting customers with!

thanks for that update Riggy!

Applaud SmileyApplaud Smiley:D:x

right been to site, and 3 faults found :^O

plug not in wall properly as bad connection to neutral, :eek:

the boiler power switch was left switched off :_| headbang

and the boiler heating switch also was off :eek: :_|headbangheadbang

customer callout

Would that not seriously affect it's aerodynamics and cost a lot more in fuel?Where exactly would you stick this plumber?

:)
Here you go Patch: :coat