may have F**ked up!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny7299

Reaction score
I have been getting my job's together to register with NICEIC Domestic. And there are something is wanted to check...

The Major Job is a kitchen Extension, with bathroom and changing room above it.

Due to the way the house was laid out, I decided to run a sub feed to the Extension and run all new cables to the new Dis board. In hindsight I should have done this in SWA but I clipped 16mm T&E to the ceiling Joist before the ceiling went up. But I didn

My understanding:

1. 16mm2 T&E will need RCD protection if installed less than 50mm in a WALL........

2. Isolator OK if outside zones, otherwise doesn't comply

simply because that what me old boss made me do in that past...

so the real isue is the isolator, the customer hasn;t got the plumber to 2nd fix yet and by the sounds of it when the NIC come round it still wont be 2nd fixed. any other options if it is in zone 2?

dont think you can get a pull chord can you? he he

as its in zone 2 wont the pull switch have to be correctly IP rated for its zone??

the only option may be to move it? or put a spur in the fuse down the feed to the bathroom, as the fan instructions will probably say a 3A fuse anyway?????

the chances are the isolator will be outside zone 2 if it is above the fan

I'm not sure about admins view, but Danny no need to use such abbreviated words on the title of your thread.

'Messed up' would of been fine, in the Don's book.

The Godfather

Been fitting 3 pole switchs for a while now so cant quite remember but if the bathroom has a window do you need a switch if not could you blank plate it for the inspection.

Been fitting 3 pole switchs for a while now so cant quite remember but if the bathroom has a window do you need a switch if not could you blank plate it for the inspection.
Good idea to fit a switch for maintanance and if it goes wrong customer can isolate without calling sparks.

Batty

I undestood it that no 240V switch gear should be in the bathroom in or out of zones, apart from pull switch because of suitability for the environment. However, talk nicely to inspector bloke and go 'oh silly me look what I did, v sorry won't do it again, promise to fix soonish' and he'll probably let you off anyway.

Good idea to fit a switch for maintanance and if it goes wrong customer can isolate without calling sparks.Batty
and the instructions will say you have to have one along with a 3A fuse usually.

If it was for my assessment i would put a lockable switched fused spur in the feed for the bathroom and remove the local isolator, i cant see how you can wrong doing this.

Is the fan of a appropriate IP rating for its position?

and the instructions will say you have to have one along with a 3A fuse usually. If it was for my assessment i would put a lockable switched fused spur in the feed for the bathroom and remove the local isolator, i cant see how you can wrong doing this.

Is the fan of a appropriate IP rating for its position?
Only problem with this if you switch spur of lighting will be off to. I think fan switch should be enough that way with fan switch off it is isolated and it also gives people option of having it off or not at night.

Batty