Job for Assessment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Couleddie

Reaction score
Fitting some downlighters in a bedroom in my brother's house. Going to use this as second job for assessment once i've got around to deciding who to go with.

Needless to say i'll be doing a sound job but in terms of the assessment will there be anything in particular in this job that they'll look for that I need to really concentrate on?

That may not be a "big" enough job as its not really a modification of a circuit unless you are running a 2nd switch in (for switching different groups of downlighters in the room) or some such thing.

That may not be a "big" enough job as its not really a modification of a circuit unless you are running a 2nd switch in (for switching different groups of downlighters in the room) or some such thing.
Good point. Hadn't thought of that. The first job is a CU change (my own) which has already been done so I really need to be looking for an extra socket type of job then?

i am looking at nic eic, they told me 1 major 1 minor

so basicly a new circuit and an addition or alteration

Elecsa said as many as possible to me but when they showed up they only looked at my major job as we ran out of time. As long as the assessor doesn't see anything he doesn't like on that main job, he most likely won't bother with the others.

I had that debate at the beginning of the year and after contacting them both and getting opinions, I opted for ELECSA as they seemed much more in tune with the sparks and not just out to take your money. That's my view but others may have different views.

Also I tend to rebel against the larger corps (I don't use Microsoft unless I really have to), and far too many ignorant people still link only NIC people can do DI's.

just looked on the new post they are debating the same thing.

i think i will shop around more

the only advantage with nic i have seen so far is that they are well known,

But ELECSA have a nice lady called, erm, well they have a nice lady that will call people you come across that think NIC is the only way. Most local Govt are not so narrow minded any more.

I had that debate at the beginning of the year and after contacting them both and getting opinions, I opted for ELECSA as they seemed much more in tune with the sparks and not just out to take your money. That's my view but others may have different views.Also I tend to rebel against the larger corps (I don't use Microsoft unless I really have to), and far too many ignorant people still link only NIC people can do DI's.
I second this!

there are advantages on both sides, but with nic the certs are more expensive as is everything else, they will sell you anything thay can along with your membership. the elecsa assesser i had said dont bye pads print them free from there site and photocopy them