bulk heads - price

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt.leung

Reaction score
i have been asked to swap over 19 lamp units in a stair well.... i would say it is like for like, and wanted to know what sort of price you would ask for..

there are 19 of these energy saving bulkhead fittings. i may need to adapt the fixing type..

many thanks..

wiring system is steel conduit, lamp is a circular bulk head, access is easy - small ladder jobby,

cable type will be singles, so may need to be extended using cable crimps...

do the light sit on the conduit? or are they top entry or something like that?

I could be wrong here but i would be looking to see of any of them had been wired through. Will add time and a few more connections, but not much.

is this not just a days work + mats?

If its conduit boxes even if you have got to lenghten cables it should be straight forward. Get a price for fittings work out how long it should take you should be able to price from that. Personallty I would allow a days work as you don't want anything less else its not worth doing job.

Batty

the person how wants it done said that he think i should get about 5-6 done a day...
Go for three days plus materials then, personally sounds to me like a days work but without seeing job I am probably way out.

the person how wants it done said that he think i should get about 5-6 done a day...
price for that then, if thats what they think they should be expecting a quote for three days work. are you the only one quoting? are they happy with the stairwell being closed three days?

i have been asked to swap over 19 lamp units in a stair well.... i would say it is like for like, and wanted to know what sort of price you would ask for.. there are 19 of these energy saving bulkhead fittings. i may need to adapt the fixing type..

many thanks..
Allowing 30mins each, (which may be a bit modest)

i.e.

find lamp position & fuse to isolate,

carry tools to lamp,

up ladder,

verify dead.. safe isolation etc..

remove old

fit new

re energise & test ok...

shift ladder & tools to next position..

ect... repeat 18 more times...

(have a tea break.. visit loo!)

19 x 30mins = 9.5hours straight work IMHO