Air Circuit Breaker

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RussellR

Reaction score
Hi there

Just completed the electrics for a heat pump install in a large office block, just trying to complete th paper work, but have a problem.

When checking the Main Isolator type it is a Merlin Gerin Selpact 400A Air circuit breaker, it has no bs number.

Anyone got an idea what BS number to put down for these ?

Russell

BS88 is cartrige fuses so not likely to be that, have a look in back of regs book you may find it there or ring merlin gerin tech line they would be able to tell you.

Batty

Why not email Merlin Gerin or do as I would, if you can't see the BS No. you can't write it down.

If anyone has a great need to know what it is then let them worry about it!!

Life is too short for some of the carp that comes our way !!

Deke

Why not email Merlin Gerin or do as I would, if you can't see the BS No. you can't write it down. If anyone has a great need to know what it is then let them worry about it!!

Life is too short for some of the carp that comes our way !!

Deke
Your right Deke, but I know our NICEIC inspector will pick this one out, and he is a stickler

I know what you mean Russell , specially with the sticklebacks, but my thinking is this, its a talking point for your stickler for a start, just because you put nothing down , you still know what you are doing by seeking it out , no number, not your fault,not your problem.

As I said , pass it down the line , let some desk bound, paper shuffler with ****** all else to do with his time , sort it out .

We have a living to earn and a life to live, places to go, people to see, stars to be reached for, dreams to be attained .........................

.....................................................................................

............. I never wanted to be a Sparks .... no... the mighty forests of British Columbia were calling ..... I wanted to be a LUMBERJACK ............

.......... ..All together now ......... you too Specs............

........... OOOoooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooHHHH ..... I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night and I work all day.............

Good grief.... I'm losing it big time tonight. Shouldn't have gone to the battle cruiser before dinner. Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink:coat

I know what you mean Russell , specially with the sticklebacks, but my thinking is this, its a talking point for your stickler for a start, just because you put nothing down , you still know what you are doing by seeking it out , no number, not your fault,not your problem. As I said , pass it down the line , let some desk bound, paper shuffler with ****** all else to do with his time , sort it out .

We have a living to earn and a life to live, places to go, people to see, stars to be reached for, dreams to be attained .........................

.....................................................................................

............. I never wanted to be a Sparks .... no... the mighty forests of British Columbia were calling ..... I wanted to be a LUMBERJACK ............

.......... ..All together now ......... you too Specs............

........... OOOoooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooHHHH ..... I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night and I work all day.............

Good grief.... I'm losing it big time tonight. Shouldn't have gone to the battle cruiser before dinner. Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink:coat
Slow down kme's back your not allowed to have that many beers he'll be cross.

Air circuit breaker is another name for MCB.

The older ones were BS3871. Used to be type 1,2 and 3, instead of B,C and D.

............. I never wanted to be a Sparks .... no... the mighty forests of British Columbia were calling ..... I wanted to be a LUMBERJACK ...................... ..All together now ......... you too Specs............ ? WHO ME :eek: ? :| ?........... OOOoooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooHHHH ..... I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night and I work all day.............

I CUT DOWN TREES

I EAT MY LUNCH

I GO TO THE LAVATORY

ON WEDNESDAYS I GO SHOPPING,

AND HAVE BUTTERED SCONES FOR TEA.

HE CUTS DOWN TREES

HE EATS HIS LUNCH

HE GOES TO THE LAVATORY

ON WEDNESDAYS HE GOES SHOPPING,

AND HAS BUTTERED SCONES FOR TEA.

HE'S A LUMBERJACK

AND HE'S OK

HE SLEEPS ALL NIGHT

AND HE WORKS ALL DAY.

I CUT DOWN TREES

I SKIP AND JUMP

I LIKE TO PRESS WILD FLOWERS

I PUT ON WOMEN'S CLOTHING

AND HANG AROUND IN BARS.

HE CUTS DOWN TREES

HE SKIPS AND JUMPS

HE LIKES TO PRESS WILD FLOWERS

HE PUTS ON WOMEN'S CLOTHING

AND HANGS AROUND IN BARS?

HE'S A LUMBERJACK

AND HE'S OK

HE SLEEPS ALL NIGHT

AND HE WORKS ALL DAY.

I CUT DOWN TREES

I WEAR HIGH HEELS

SUSPENDIES AND A BRA

I WISH I'D BEEN A GIRLIE

JUST LIKE MY DEAR PAPA!

opps!BlushingBlushing

come on Admin.....

join in on the chorus!!!!Blushing:^O

:p

:coat

Deke started it honest.... :(

please don't lock me back in that room again with no window! :| :eek: :_|

Got some technical data from Merlin Gerin and they list it as conforming to IEC 157-1

Hi Spin think you are right with your spec for them, the one I have is a big 400A beast, so think it may fall under a different standard