Todays domestic periodic.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
Sorry peeps I forgot my camera so no pics as yet......but I'm bound to get the remedial work so pics will follow in the future.

Anyway the list of faults on the newly wired extension & cu change (to a volex split load :( ), apparently the sparks they used forgot to renew his part P credentials & has since dropped off the face of the planet.

Cu cover not fitting properly leaving a gap between rear case & cover (over crowding with cables)

Multiple surface pattresses with ko's missing

Non IP rated lighting in showers

DL's in bathroom going rusty not fit for zones

Unterminated live conductor hanging from external wall (wrapped in selotape)

No MEB to water

New ring final no rcd

New cooker circuit + socket on ccu no rcd

Class 1 light fitting not earthed in bedroom (no cpc at fitting)

No grommets on any back boxes.

No cpc continuity to any DL light fittings in 2x bedrooms

master bedroom lighting reversed polarity N & L (neuts are switched)

No cpc to half kitchen DL's

No isolation for kitchen extractor hood

CU busbars missing

KO's missing on underside of cu access to live busbar

All this from I'm sad to say a supposedly time served NICEIC registered electrician.

Problem is in a round about way I know the bloke that did the work....so do I report to the powers that be.......... b***** right I do first thing in the morning.

Think you have to report it.

If it was one silly mistake it's one thing (we can all have bad days) but with that catalogue of errors someone could be killed.

:|

What does NICEIC mean? I forgot.

Oh yes, now I remember!

National Institution of Cretins Electrically and Individually Challenged!

What does NICEIC mean? I forgot.Oh yes, now I remember!

National Institution of Cretins Electrically and Individually Challenged!
X( play fair, im niceic registered, and always do good quality work X( any problems, and i go back and sort, so dont tar every electrician wioth the same brush thankyou ! X(X( X(

I do wish M107 would stop going round to all my customers spying on my work!!!!:OBlushing:^O:^O:^O:^O:coatGuiness Drink
X( banned ]:) :D

admin can you please remove specs, with shoddy workmanship like that, hes letting the side down rapidly ]:) ] :) ]:)X( X( :eek: :O:| :_| :_| :( :( :^O

X( play fair, im niceic registered, and always do good quality work X( any problems, and i go back and sort, so dont tar every electrician wioth the same brush thankyou ! X(X( X(
Same here Badge.

Well I made a couple of calls & property owner has now taken up the mantle & is liaising with NICEIC & has put a call into LBC.....

X( banned ]:) :D admin can you please remove specs, with shoddy workmanship like that, hes letting the side down rapidly ]:) ] :) ]:)X( X( :eek: :O:| :_| :_| :( :( :^O
I'd agree with that proposal.

Doc H.

Same here Badge.Well I made a couple of calls & property owner has now taken up the mantle & is liaising with NICEIC & has put a call into LBC.....
Lets hope there is actual some appropriate action taken.

Doc H.

Problem is in a round about way I know the bloke that did the work....so do I report to the powers that be.......... b***** right I do first thing in the morning.
dont report him. go and buy him a drink and thank him for putting the work your way

and while your having your drink with him ask him were else he has been working. you wont need to worry about the recession LOLApplaud Smiley