Sharpend

Who says we don’t need fossil fuels?

Sharpend

If they can’t offer a system 24/7 to be used at will doesn’t that go against their free market system? Are we slowly becoming communist? 

binky
2 hours ago, Sharpend said:

If they can’t offer a system 24/7 to be used at will doesn’t that go against their free market system? Are we slowly becoming communist? 

I think we are a long long way of communist. Just smacks of 'no idea' planning or 'no real planning' and lack of investment in basic infrastruture of the UK. Scotland has installed lots of public EV charging points and I've not heard of any issues up there. 

steptoe
6 hours ago, binky said:

I think we are a long long way of communist. Just smacks of 'no idea' planning or 'no real planning' and lack of investment in basic infrastruture of the UK. Scotland has installed lots of public EV charging points and I've not heard of any issues up there. 

But, in reality, if a street of say 60 houses all went "green" and bought EVs, there is no way the infrastructure could withstand them all being plugged in to charge at 8pm, and then being unplugged at 7am, 

Which is one of the reasons, IMHO, that we have to install SPDs, 

And that's before the joints start blowing and transformers burning out. 

Sharpend

What happens when a family has more than one EV? do you have to book a time slot or take a ticket? 

binky
13 hours ago, steptoe said:

But, in reality, if a street of say 60 houses all went "green" and bought EVs, there is no way the infrastructure could withstand them all being plugged in to charge at 8pm, and then being unplugged at 7am, 

Which is one of the reasons, IMHO, that we have to install SPDs, 

And that's before the joints start blowing and transformers burning out. 

The EV chargers can be power limited, however, I'm far more in favour of hydrogen tech for this and other reasons we have discussed previously. It's also why I think the gov should encourage electric bikes and scooters rather than cars.

Out of interest, have you read any of the information links I posted? 

I am also of the opinion that discussion of climate change being man made is done and dusted, and what we should be discussing is the way forward in a practicle and cost effective way

Edited by binky