What did i do?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscar

Reaction score
Everytime i clicked my mouse on the screen everything highlights blue

Everytime i clicked a new thread it opens in a new page

Everytime i scroll down/up page the screen would change

How'd i do that?

Explinations for a simpleton please :)

My first thought

mice have an action linked to pressing (clicking) the centre scroll wheel, this might be what you have done, if so click the scroll wheel again in the same way you would the right and left buttons

Everytime i clicked my mouse on the screen everything highlights blueEverytime i clicked a new thread it opens in a new page

Everytime i scroll down/up page the screen would change

How'd i do that?

Explinations for a simpleton please :)
I dunno:(

but whatever it was........

sounds like you did it wrong! :eek: :_|

:coat

it sound like you mouse is set up wrong, is it a hand held mouse or laptop mouse pad? check setting in control panel under hardware, there should be option for mouse settings

1st check click lock isnt ticked

2nd double click speed slider wants to be about half way

3rd "switch primary and secondary buttons" should be unticked

4th press apply (bottom right of window)

5th might be worth checking you have the latest driver for your mouse . do this by going to hardware tab (when in mouse properties) then properties then change settings(click ok if a pop up asking for authorisation), then driver tab, then update driver, then check on line for updates.

this process is for vista but should be very similar on XP.

as with the new window opening if you use vista it might be a setting in internet options(in internet explorer under tools) then tab button, is the "enable tabbed browsing ticked if so what other options are ticked? hope this helps

wayne

have you got accessibility mode turned on (disabled mode) - sometimes called sticky keys?

Press and hold the shift key for 5 seconds - then try that.

O.

have you got accessibility mode turned on (disabled mode) - sometimes called sticky keys?Press and hold the shift key for 5 seconds - then try that.

O.
I'd agree with that. :(

I have done it in the past. :_|