RAMS

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpend

"It Just Is"
Reaction score
Evening All,

I have been asked to provide a set of RAMS for an upcoming job, only I have never had a need for physical copy before so have no idea of the format or how to complete? Any suggestions, links or best advice.

many thanks Sharpie.

plenty templates online

they dont need to be 5 pages long each like some of the 'professional' ones that are mostly full of useless info and contain that much info that no one reads them

I did a google search but didn’t see too many  that looked more than what my grandson could write? 
I thought that seeing as these documents are soooo sort after that they’d be something special :C  

It's the standard ACL......

Risk/hazards involved...consequences .....methods to minimise/remove risk /hazard

PPE

safe isolation

Site House keeping

trip hazards

steps etc

Waste removal and aorage

materials use and storage

deliveries

site personnel

job duration

area of works etc

welfare

site access etc

bascally.  "Why did the cretin trip over the cable drum?"  Answer "he was on Facebook, headphones in, didn't look in the risk assessment where it states no earphones/plugs and no mobile devices during work periods and neither did he note that there would at times be cable drums on the floor stand as they were being reeled off, m'lud" bearing in mind this is my own slightly cynical take on the subject

try writing a risk assessment for a Dive to 90m

risk/hazard.......running out of gas

consequence....death

how to reduce risk...stay on surface