Veritas alarm

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egp

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a Veritas alarm and at the moment at night time we part set it so all of our downstairs is on but when one of us goes downstairs in the morning the really loud alarm goes off and not just the gentler beeping like when we leave the house and come back via the front door. Is there a way to set the part set option to have the gentler beeping for a few seconds on a morning to give us time to type in our code before it goes full on alarm? 
Hope that makes sense! Thanks

Welcome to the forum I have deleted your duplicate question that was added to another thread topic.  Is this a system that you have inherited at a property you have moved into? Or something that has been installed whilst you have been living there?  Do you have access the the user manuals? Have you googled for online download manuals? Sounds like a zone, or some zones are not correctly programmed as entry/exit zones? Or are any doors open in other downstairs rooms that can also detect you walking downstairs? Such as: If a Hallway is an entry/exit zone, but the lounge or dinning room detector can also be triggered as you come downstairs before activating the Hallway zone, then that would cause the main alarm to activate, rather than the countdown timer to allow you to enter your code.   

Doc H.

Hi everyone, thanks for all the replies so quickly.

It’s an alarm that has been here for a couple of years - we’re tenants renting and the landlord had it installed before we moved.

Yes I have a manual and tried looking up how to set a delay timer on part set and tried- 1234, 00, 33 and then the time eg 15 and then programme - I thought this would work but this morning it’s done exactly the same and as you step onto the entry mat doorway area where the alarm panel is, the full alarm has gone off before giving us time to turn it off. All the doors were fully closed for areas like the kitchen and lounge.

I will have a look at this entry/exit zones and update you, thanks! 

No kids, just me and my sister here. We haven’t asked our landlord yet but he only really left guidance on how to set and unset the alarm.

Does anyone have any thoughts on  if I try setting a part set entry time using this section of the manual…would that work?

41DB93BB-6074-4367-B581-CF09C69F1AF8.png

Hi all,

All sorted now

I got in touch with my estate agents and then in touch with the kind man who installed the alarm - he talked me through it and is all done! 

But what did he do/tell you? (Don't need to know exactly what numbers you pressed, but what did he say you were doing?)

I think he changed the zone type for zone 1 and then added a time delay. He literally told me what buttons to press and not what it meant, sorry!