Fresh!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpend

"It Just Is"
Reaction score
Well after a much anticipated wait, I refresh the page to be welcomed with a gentle baby blue colour on my favourite forum. 
Immediately I thought that ole pussy cat Kerching has had some input into this?? 

so is there anything new that we should be aware of? I note the ease of adding a new topic button. 

Hold on I've time travelled!! 

on posting this topic I get a notification to say I’ve earned a rank? Only to find it’s a NEWBIE and dated Feb 2012, that’s apparently when I joined and all these posts later I’ve earned nothing else!! 

the four dots(not that i knew what they meant anyway) are gone and now we have ranks , do we need to give way to a higher rank, or bow down🙇‍♂️( lower the bow, higher the rank) 

I am just looking for guidance 

Dots, what dots? How have is missed them?

I feel somewhat inadequate now. But respectfully bowing all the same  :Salute

It’s a shame that we all lost our posting history when we transferred to the new supposedly faster host, which needed us to update to the latest version of the software.🤷‍♂️

It’s a shame that we all lost our posting history when we transferred to the new supposedly faster host, which needed us to update to the latest version of the software.🤷‍♂️
The Germans have a good word for this:

Schlimmbesserung

An upgrade where you lose functionality 

Well I've been promoted from ."rising star" to the much sought after 'dedicated" badge ranking . 

My question is 'can by Jimmy ( open brackets ' nonce' close brackets ) points be converted to forum badges?

i am thinking of getting one of those Breton  style Jack Hargreaves hats  and pinning all my badges to it, or maybe a fleece with a howling wolf or Indian scene on the back.

anyway since I have achieved this exalted status I feel able to answer any questions that I can be bothered to