DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
  •  

Countdown To Christmas!

Advice Needed. [Glasgow]

Dalit

Hey, I have been working the past 6mo as a 'unofficial' apprentice for a alarm engineer/electrician company. I have passed by SECTT test but recently got laid off due to no work.

I have been trying my best to find a low-paying electricians job to no avail. I would even be willing to work for next to nothing (free for the first year or so if that's what it takes) if they would put me through my apprenticeship.

I have been looking at the college route and seen this in another thread

1)Get yourself enrolled aprt time in college for 2330 level 2 then do level 3

2)Straight after level 2, get the the 2381 17th Edition (there are sometimes summer courses but likely that you will have to wait till Sept)

3)After level 3 get the 2391 Inspection and Test

I've been looking at colleges around my area but the only course I can find is the 'Pre-Apprentice' course.

Advice would be appreciated.

I just turned 20 also btw (if that matters)

Hello Dalit,

I have put together a Directory of UK Colleges that offer electrical courses. The courses that they offer are also listed.

The colleges are all over the UK: Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland.

It can be found Here:

Full Directory of UK Colleges that offer electrical courses. (Full list of).

They're not in alaphabetical order, so please take your time going through it or:

Follow the Instructions shown in the screen shots below:

STEP 1:

Step1.jpg

STEP 2:

Step2.jpg

STEP 3:

Step3.gif

STEP 4:

Step4.gif

there are other ways to train if your pay a premium but you can get your qualification quicker. should be able to train to lv2, then u will need on site experiance for the

level 3.

the 2382 -10 might be -20 cant remember, is offered by loads of training providers.

if you have your lv2 and your 2382 it might be easier to find a company to compleat your training. also with these qualifications you can register with some one like nic eic as a domestic installer, providing you are compitent with domestic installations. this would enable you to work for your self untill you find someone

and the 2391 i would not bother with until you have a few years experiance

Archived