Honeywell Accenta G4 LCD Keypad - replacement

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richchap

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First post on here, so please be gentle.

I have a Honeywell G4 alarm at home with an Accenta LCD panel (8EP417A-EU). The panel is on it's way out I think, the keys are beginning to fail and it seems we need to press them harder every other day.

The alarm has been installed for 10+ years and I've had no faults with it. The rest of the system is sound.

I feel I need to replace the keypad, however this panel is not discontinued and I cannot find one anywhere.

Is it possible to install a different make of panel or is this going to be a case of a new alarm system? If the panel can be changed with another make, what do you guys recommend as a compatible option?

Thanks in advance

You can't use BRAND A keypad on BRAND B panel, why not just buy a new keypad? This place  have them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

First post on here, so please be gentle.

I have a Honeywell G4 alarm at home with an Accenta LCD panel (8EP417A-EU). The panel is on it's way out I think, the keys are beginning to fail and it seems we need to press them harder every other day.

The alarm has been installed for 10+ years and I've had no faults with it. The rest of the system is sound.

I feel I need to replace the keypad, however this panel is not discontinued and I cannot find one anywhere.

Is it possible to install a different make of panel or is this going to be a case of a new alarm system? If the panel can be changed with another make, what do you guys recommend as a compatible option?

Thanks in advance

LCD keypad is still available..

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/intruder-alarm-c-36/security-control-panels-c-36_102/control-panels-all-c-36_102_41/ade-honeywell-lcd-keypad-for-optima-accenta-control-panels-p-865.html?zenid=sjnvs3ure4sa7r0ip1fmkapg01

Not sure if Richard 9th link includes VAT.. 

or where they are physically located as a business..

But I do know I have used Security Warehouse myself numerous times in the past..

(They are only 25mins drive from my home!!) 

And they are a reliable supplier..

Either way that's 2 supplier options and I am confident there will be more options if you go a Googling!

Guinness